• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did anyone else hear this today?

Sheldon

After church about 12:30 we are on the way to Harbor tools for a look around before a movie...

On FOX news they had someone that quotes "a reliable White House source" that Obama other than passing 5,798 new rules n regs regarding many things since his reelection.

Obama plans on pushing / passing / executive order to re classify mostly all semi auto guns as a "CLASS 2 WEAPON REQUIRING A FEDERAL TAX STAMP TO OWN," saying further "We know this in not possible but they are claiming almost all semi auto weapons are easily converted to full auto weapons."

He claimed his source was uber reliable....

here found a link....
President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?
Gun rights activist John Snyder explains
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/president-to-bypass-congress-on-semiautomatic-weapons-ban

mark-in-texas

I've heard this but don't think the statute (NFA 34) supports it. If they tried it, they'de get buried under a millon lawsuits!

I've heard this but don't think the statute (NFA 34) supports it. If they tried it, they'de get buried under a millon lawsuits!

And while the million lawsuits dragged their way through the courts for 3 or 4 years where would we be? With illegal semi automatics unless we bought the $200.00 stamp for each one and what would keep them from upping the cost of the stamp from $200.00 to $1,000.00?

Tawnos

And while the million lawsuits dragged their way through the courts for 3 or 4 years where would we be? With illegal semi automatics unless we bought the $200.00 stamp for each one and what would keep them from upping the cost of the stamp from $200.00 to $1,000.00?

The fact that the $200 is a statutory amount, and would therefore require a bill to go through the house. A house that, last I checked, was still Republican controlled.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The fact that the $200 is a statutory amount, and would therefore require a bill to go through the house. A house that, last I checked, was still Republican controlled.

Can I ask what would stop Obama from raising the price through executive fiat? If he is honestly thinking of doing this, then he will do anything (he'll do anything anyways as we have already witnessed). Get ready, because if he tries this sh*t will get real bad!

If we ever allow them to register our firearms then we might as well hand them in soon after. Registration leads to confiscation and that has been proven time and time again. Thank you to everyone that voted this moron back in Office!

Last edited:

Sheldon

Two more points...

Has SCOTUS ever challenged an Executive order? BHO has two of them (SCOTUS) in his hip pocket with a possible three more in this term...

and

http://www.humanevents.com/author/john-m-snyder/

John M. Snyder, former National Rifle Association magazine editor, is public affairs director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and a director of the Council for America. Because he is the senior gun rights advocate in Washington, his is also know as the "Gun Dean." He is the founder of the St. Gabriel Possenti Society and author of "Gun Saint."

http://gunpolicies.wordpress.com/

This guy is believable despite his secret sources....

Anonymouse

Two more points...

Has SCOTUS ever challenged an Executive order? BHO has two of them (SCOTUS) in his hip pocket with a possible three more in this term...

Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer, 343 US 579 (1952).

SCOTUS ruled that Executive Order 10340 (Truman) attempting to nationalize steel mills was illegal because EO's can only clarify law, not make new law.

and

Executive Order 12954 of March 8, 1995 (Clinton) trying to ban the feds from contracting with organizations that had strikebreakers on the payroll.

Congress used to be able to overturn EO's but SCOTUS put an end to that.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...they are claiming almost all semi auto weapons are easily converted to full auto weapons...

And since the word "easy" is a relative term, there is no way to really argue against it.

But the fact remains that it is easier to make a dedicated full-auto from an unregistered piece of muffler pipe.