• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Gun made it easy

svh

IMO, the gun didnt play as big a part in this as his "rage", "jealousy", or possibly "brain injured head".

MKEgal

Citizen said:
Fair Use excerpt so readers can have an idea whether they've already seen it, or are interested?
The gist of it is summed up by:
Murdering this young woman, 22, and then killing himself in front of his coach and his general manager was made easy by a gun, because a gun always makes it easier.
It seems now, just off what we know about an argument that had started when, as Rice reported in the Star, Kasandra Perkins came home late from a Trey Songz concert she had attended with friends, Jovan Belcher finally ran out of words with her. Just not bullets. Nobody ever does.
And he quotes stats from the VPC. 'Nuff said.

Richieg150

How could this of happened.............are firearms allowed at the Chiefs training facility..............are there signs posted..................I'm sure the training facility is off limits for weapons. Rules, signs, ect.... are only followed by those who choose to obey them. Its no fault of the management, team members, the manufacturer of his firearm, or ANYBODY else that he chose the path he chose that day. The blame lies soley on the individual, period. There are enough rules, laws, ect....to keep this kind of situation from happening, IF they are OBEYED. A person who's mind is hellbent on doing wrong, wont be deturred.........as in this situation. People will always want and need to blame SOMEBODY, when something like this happens.Because, there is no way he could have done something like this, he wasnt like that..........it wasnt his fault. Well the fact of the matter is, it was his fault, he did it, it may seem out of character, but for him, that day, at that time,in his state of mind, that was in his character.

wolfgangmob

I don't understand how people think that the absence of a gun would have prevented any death, the man was a football player, he could have easily over powered and killed a person through brute strength alone. I also don't understand Bob Costas speaking against violence over the incident and then commenting on a FOOTBALL game :banghead:

Last edited: