Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This comment from an anti just pisses me off

Thumbs down This comment from an anti just pisses me off

Washington State for Gun Control
    October 21
    Okay...you can't sleep at night unless you have the gun, loaded and on the nightstand. Well, keep it there. Your right to protect yourself is that, only. I don't want your gun next to me in the grocery store, in your car next to mine on the freeway, in the park where I play with my kid, in my child's school, where I go to get a haircut or where I pray. You never got MY permission to protect me. I don't know you and I don't trust you.
    35122Like Share

Found this on there face book page. They just don't seem to get it.

Banned
    I suggest he move to Canada then ... then he'll be safe ...

He's an idiot...

Nobody is forcing him to breath ... just hold your breath for a few minutes & all your problems will be solved...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    October 21
    Okay...you can't sleep at night unless you have the gun, loaded and on the nightstand. Well, keep it there. Your right to protect yourself is that, only. I don't want your gun next to me in the grocery store, in your car next to mine on the freeway, in the park where I play with my kid, in my child's school, where I go to get a haircut or where I pray. You never got MY permission to protect me. I don't know you and I don't trust you.
    35122Like Share

I wouldn't let it get to me, PhoneGuy. Keep in mind that any given poster might actually be a destructive personality. In this case it might be a destructive personality deliberately trying to sway people into giving up their right to self-defense.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

After looking, it seems there is no distinction between guns and illegal guns. In Washington, SBR, SB shotguns, and machine guns are illegal, but in other states, not illegal. Smoke and mirrors to confuse the citizens I'm sure.

He says he doesn't give you permission to save his life. Ok. Aren't you also an EMT? Sucks to be him.
    Truly, he has no idea who is or isn't armed if they are in the grocery store on on the highway. I think he needs his meds again.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Another ignorant bigot who doesn't understand respect and liberty.

Should others kow tow to his bigoted beliefs if we were to substitute gun with, gay, black, fat, woman, child, etc......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

My response to those people has been. Your personal views or opinions do not trump my rights or the law. And I don't need your permission for carrying in public. I really do feel sorry for people with those views. They live in there own little bubble with now idea of the world around them.
    I bet that if something bad did happen they would be the first to complain why the police weren't there quick enough.

They have the right to their own opinions just like we do. That is what makes this country great. I never let another persons opinion make me mad. It is not worth it and I have better and more important things to worry about.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Whether or not the sports dude and his opinion has any influence over legislative efforts is the element to this story that must be of some small concern. These "TV personalities" do not normally sway legislative opinions, but......ya never know.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    My response to those people has been. Your personal views or opinions do not trump my rights or the law. And I don't need your permission for carrying in public. I really do feel sorry for people with those views. They live in there own little bubble with now idea of the world around them.
    I bet that if something bad did happen they would be the first to complain why the police weren't there quick enough.
    Just wait. Someday he's gonna be in an alley somewhere, getting beaten and ass-raped, and someone with a gun is gonna walk by. He's gonna plead for help and they're gonna stand there for a moment and tell him "But you don't want me to. You said so the last time we met."

As I heard once, an anti-gun rights activist is just someone that hasn't been beaten or raped yet.
    Pro-gun rights activists, OTOH, havn't been either nor do they plan on letting it happen.
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Why do people think we arm ourselves to protect them. I arm myself to protect me and mine not you and yours.

I like to use this example ... You come out of the local big box store and two men are pointing guns at each other in the parking lot. One is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans and the other is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans. Which one is the bad guy? What should I do ... Retreat to safety and call 911. I'm going to know when someone is attacking me. I don't even know you.

Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    October 21
    35122Like Share

Try these back to him:

"I don't know you, or trust you either which is why I won't be near you unarmed."

"OK, I WONT protect YOU, feel better?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    Why do people think we arm ourselves to protect them. I arm myself to protect me and mine not you and yours.

I like to use this example ... You come out of the local big box store and two men are pointing guns at each other in the parking lot. One is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans and the other is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans. Which one is the bad guy? What should I do ... Retreat to safety and call 911. I'm going to know when someone is attacking me. I don't even know you.
    I'd do the same in that situation, but if I'm at a bank a guy pulls out a gun and points it at the teller......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post

^^^this^^^

I carry to protect myself, my wife and family. Everyone else is duty bound to be responsible for their own well being. If they refuse to protect themselves, then they'll have to deal with the consequences if attacked by petty criminals... or tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Just wait. Someday he's gonna be in an alley somewhere, getting beaten and ass-raped, and someone with a gun is gonna walk by. He's gonna plead for help and they're gonna stand there for a moment and tell him "But you don't want me to. You said so the last time we met."

As I heard once, an anti-gun rights activist is just someone that hasn't been beaten or raped yet.
    Pro-gun rights activists, OTOH, havn't been either nor do they plan on letting it happen.
    It's easy to say that to someone who hates the fact that you are proactive in your protection. But I honestly could not let someone be harmed or loose their life if I could've prevented it. I may not like their views or political beliefs, but I personally would be compelled to act. And I believe most of you would do the same.

It's easy to say that to someone who hates the fact that you are proactive in your protection. But I honestly could not let someone be harmed or loose their life if I could've prevented it. I may not like their views or political beliefs, but I personally would be compelled to act. And I believe most of you would do the same.
    Puts us in a heck of a moral dilemma, doesn'y it.

Guy says he does not want us imposing our views/beliefs on him, and does not want our behavior being forced upon him. I can understand that, as it is pretty much the way I feel, too.

It's sort of like Christian Scientists and blood transfusions. It could save their life but they object on religious/moral grounds. If they are 18 or older the courts say we cannot legally force it on them - even if they are unconscious.

I try to go through the day without violating the law. (Yeah, we all know it's not possible, but I try anyway. At least to not violate the really important ones.) Coming to the aid of this guy would be violating his civil rights. In my book that's one of the "really important" ones.

I think we ought to make people wear distinctive colored jerseys so we could know at a glance if they object to our using a gun, or even having one.

But we would probably need a law that says criminals could not take advantage of that in selecting their victims. 'Cause we all know if we pass a law the criminals will obey it - because "it's the law".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Yes, you're right.

Centurion

This comment from an anti just pisses me off

I carry so I can defend and/or protect me and mine. I MAY choose to help others but I recommend they be prepared to help themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Puts us in a heck of a moral dilemma, doesn'y it.

<snip>

I think we ought to make people wear distinctive colored jerseys so we could know at a glance if they object to our using a gun, or even having one.

<snip>

stay safe.
    That has already been done, back in the late 30s and half of the 40s, on both sides of the equation - the armed and unarmed.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'd do the same in that situation, but if I'm at a bank a guy pulls out a gun and points it at the teller......

Then what? I figure the banks have done more damage to our country than other criminals so...

Yeah I would likely stop them but I still view banks as criminal organizations.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Then what? I figure the banks have done more damage to our country than other criminals so...

Yeah I would likely stop them but I still view banks as criminal organizations.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about taking action to protect the teller's life, not to protect the bank's money.

The customer's money. I'm fairly confident that the bank does not keep its money in a teller drawer at your local branch.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    That has already been done, back in the late 30s and half of the 40s, on both sides of the equation - the armed and unarmed.
    I tried to be not-obvious about that. Kind of hoped most folks would relate more to those colored jerseys school kids are made to wear in PE class to designate which team they are assigned to.

But thanks for noticing. Be sure to pick up a lovely parting gift on your way out.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

i know 100's of gun people

to include scores of IPSC and IDPA competitors. know how many I'd trust to walk alongside me, with their pistols out and ready? I can count them on my fingers, dude. However, it is a VERY bad precedent to allow "presumptive' charges/thoughts, when no actual criminal activity has occurred, so we are stuck with allowing inept, cowardly fools to carry, along with the 1 in 1000 guy who really does know what he's doing with that pistol.

Banned

This comment from an anti just pisses me off

All I gotta say is wow!!

Some people may be well-schooled in HOW to use a firearm, but, after reading what they write, I really worry about WHEN they will use the firearm. I don't want to be anywhere near someone who can use the firearm well, but can't think his way out of a paper bag with six open ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast