• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This comment from an anti just pisses me off

phoneguy

Washington State for Gun Control
October 21
Okay...you can't sleep at night unless you have the gun, loaded and on the nightstand. Well, keep it there. Your right to protect yourself is that, only. I don't want your gun next to me in the grocery store, in your car next to mine on the freeway, in the park where I play with my kid, in my child's school, where I go to get a haircut or where I pray. You never got MY permission to protect me. I don't know you and I don't trust you.
35122Like · · Share

Found this on there face book page. They just don't seem to get it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I suggest he move to Canada then ... then he'll be safe ...:banana::banana:

He's an idiot...

Nobody is forcing him to breath ... just hold your breath for a few minutes & all your problems will be solved...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
October 21
Okay...you can't sleep at night unless you have the gun, loaded and on the nightstand. Well, keep it there. Your right to protect yourself is that, only. I don't want your gun next to me in the grocery store, in your car next to mine on the freeway, in the park where I play with my kid, in my child's school, where I go to get a haircut or where I pray. You never got MY permission to protect me. I don't know you and I don't trust you.
35122Like · · Share

I wouldn't let it get to me, PhoneGuy. Keep in mind that any given poster might actually be a destructive personality. In this case it might be a destructive personality deliberately trying to sway people into giving up their right to self-defense.

DCKilla

After looking, it seems there is no distinction between guns and illegal guns. In Washington, SBR, SB shotguns, and machine guns are illegal, but in other states, not illegal. Smoke and mirrors to confuse the citizens I'm sure.

Logan 5

He says he doesn't give you permission to save his life. Ok. Aren't you also an EMT? Sucks to be him.
Truly, he has no idea who is or isn't armed if they are in the grocery store on on the highway. I think he needs his meds again.

sudden valley gunner

Another ignorant bigot who doesn't understand respect and liberty.

Should others kow tow to his bigoted beliefs if we were to substitute gun with, gay, black, fat, woman, child, etc......

conandan

My response to those people has been. Your personal views or opinions do not trump my rights or the law. And I don't need your permission for carrying in public. I really do feel sorry for people with those views. They live in there own little bubble with now idea of the world around them.
I bet that if something bad did happen they would be the first to complain why the police weren't there quick enough.

KYKevin

They have the right to their own opinions just like we do. That is what makes this country great. I never let another persons opinion make me mad. It is not worth it and I have better and more important things to worry about.

OC for ME

Whether or not the sports dude and his opinion has any influence over legislative efforts is the element to this story that must be of some small concern. These "TV personalities" do not normally sway legislative opinions, but......ya never know.

Logan 5

My response to those people has been. Your personal views or opinions do not trump my rights or the law. And I don't need your permission for carrying in public. I really do feel sorry for people with those views. They live in there own little bubble with now idea of the world around them.
I bet that if something bad did happen they would be the first to complain why the police weren't there quick enough.

Just wait. Someday he's gonna be in an alley somewhere, getting beaten and ass-raped, and someone with a gun is gonna walk by. He's gonna plead for help and they're gonna stand there for a moment and tell him "But you don't want me to. You said so the last time we met."

As I heard once, an anti-gun rights activist is just someone that hasn't been beaten or raped yet.
Pro-gun rights activists, OTOH, havn't been either nor do they plan on letting it happen.

Peacekeeper

Why do people think we arm ourselves to protect them. I arm myself to protect me and mine not you and yours.

I like to use this example ... You come out of the local big box store and two men are pointing guns at each other in the parking lot. One is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans and the other is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans. Which one is the bad guy? What should I do ... Retreat to safety and call 911. I'm going to know when someone is attacking me. I don't even know you.

Small_Arms_Collector

October 21
35122Like · · Share

Try these back to him:

"I don't know you, or trust you either which is why I won't be near you unarmed."

"OK, I WONT protect YOU, feel better?"

sudden valley gunner

Why do people think we arm ourselves to protect them. I arm myself to protect me and mine not you and yours.

I like to use this example ... You come out of the local big box store and two men are pointing guns at each other in the parking lot. One is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans and the other is wearing a blue shirt and bluejeans. Which one is the bad guy? What should I do ... Retreat to safety and call 911. I'm going to know when someone is attacking me. I don't even know you.

I'd do the same in that situation, but if I'm at a bank a guy pulls out a gun and points it at the teller......

Keylock

^^^this^^^

I carry to protect myself, my wife and family. Everyone else is duty bound to be responsible for their own well being. If they refuse to protect themselves, then they'll have to deal with the consequences if attacked by petty criminals... or tyrants.

conandan

Just wait. Someday he's gonna be in an alley somewhere, getting beaten and ass-raped, and someone with a gun is gonna walk by. He's gonna plead for help and they're gonna stand there for a moment and tell him "But you don't want me to. You said so the last time we met."

As I heard once, an anti-gun rights activist is just someone that hasn't been beaten or raped yet.
Pro-gun rights activists, OTOH, havn't been either nor do they plan on letting it happen.

It's easy to say that to someone who hates the fact that you are proactive in your protection. But I honestly could not let someone be harmed or loose their life if I could've prevented it. I may not like their views or political beliefs, but I personally would be compelled to act. And I believe most of you would do the same.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's easy to say that to someone who hates the fact that you are proactive in your protection. But I honestly could not let someone be harmed or loose their life if I could've prevented it. I may not like their views or political beliefs, but I personally would be compelled to act. And I believe most of you would do the same.

Puts us in a heck of a moral dilemma, doesn'y it.

Guy says he does not want us imposing our views/beliefs on him, and does not want our behavior being forced upon him. I can understand that, as it is pretty much the way I feel, too.

It's sort of like Christian Scientists and blood transfusions. It could save their life but they object on religious/moral grounds. If they are 18 or older the courts say we cannot legally force it on them - even if they are unconscious.

I try to go through the day without violating the law. (Yeah, we all know it's not possible, but I try anyway. At least to not violate the really important ones.) Coming to the aid of this guy would be violating his civil rights. In my book that's one of the "really important" ones.

I think we ought to make people wear distinctive colored jerseys so we could know at a glance if they object to our using a gun, or even having one.

But we would probably need a law that says criminals could not take advantage of that in selecting their victims. 'Cause we all know if we pass a law the criminals will obey it - because "it's the law".

stay safe.

Logan 5

Yes, you're right.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I carry so I can defend and/or protect me and mine. I MAY choose to help others but I recommend they be prepared to help themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Puts us in a heck of a moral dilemma, doesn'y it.

<snip>

I think we ought to make people wear distinctive colored jerseys so we could know at a glance if they object to our using a gun, or even having one.

<snip>

stay safe.
That has already been done, back in the late 30s and half of the 40s, on both sides of the equation - the armed and unarmed.