Thread: President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

Angry President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

It's coming. I've been preparing for quite some time. Are you?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/

I wouldnt be surprised to see this occur in less then 6 months.

Yep, story is about a week old:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...ic,2367.0.html

but this is a more recent interview with John Snyder.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Banned
    Does Obamalama wish the NFA 34 to go before the current SCOTUS? I don't think so -- the grounds that this was found to be constitutional is dubious. The law might be overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Does Obamalama wish the NFA 34 to go before the current SCOTUS? I don't think so -- the grounds that this was found to be constitutional is dubious. The law might be overturned.
    The president cannot create law but by using executive orders can bypass judicial review. In the next 4 years we will see him try anything possible to push through his radical progressive agenda.

Well if he did, I guess that would mean we would all have to register our AR's and similar as machine guns, and they would effectively be forced to allow another amnesty to do it, so since we would then all be in position of registered NFA Machineguns, I guess we can go ahead, and drill the third hole.

I dare him.

Man...that was some nice eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    Where did it say they would classify them as "machine guns"? I'm not following your logic. They were talking about adding a new classification "semi-auto". Creating a new revenue and classification scheme so you would have to go through the same NFA hoops as well has paying $200+ tax stamps!
    I don't see how that could be done with an executive order, I would think adding a new class would require congressional approval. Adding to an existing class like was done with the USAS 12, and Street sweepers is another story.

So...how exactly would they find and track all of these firearms that people already own? Since rifles don't have to be registered in the US. They going to knock on everybodies door? I'd love to see that.

President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

Fear mongering.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

' boy in the white house' Did I hear that correctly

A periodic Michigan sub-forum visit is not a OCDO membership prerequisite.

The federal government knows who bought, retail, any and every "assault weapon". Now, if you sold yours via a private sale, you may be asked to whom you sold that evil black assault weapon.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A periodic Michigan sub-forum visit is not a OCDO membership prerequisite.

The federal government knows who bought, retail, any and every "assault weapon". Now, if you sold yours via a private sale, you may be asked to whom you sold that evil black assault weapon.
    I forgot who I sold it to. Guy at gun show with grey beard is all I remember,,,
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I forgot who I sold it to. Guy at gun show with grey beard is all I remember,,,
    Well......comrade, we will just ask you to stick around for a while and let us assist you in recalling exactly who you sold that firearm to. Can you be a bit more precise regarding your description of that citizen to whom you sold that firearm, the grey bearded fellow.....or, are you just trying to be evasive? Take your time, we have "all day."
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well......comrade, we will just ask you to stick around for a while and let us assist you in recalling exactly who you sold that firearm to. Can you be a bit more precise regarding your description of that citizen to whom you sold that firearm, the grey bearded fellow.....or, are you just trying to be evasive? Take your time, we have "all day."
    and night.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    Is there a reason why Michigan gun owners seem to be ultra paranoid? This thread is definite fear mongering. I always near negative things coming from Michigan gun owners, a perfect example would be tin foil hat hutaree militia. I always get this vibe when I come to the Michigan gun forums or this sub section.

Also, stop watching FOX News. There's so much misinformation and assumption it's irritating. Hell, Bill O'Reilly and the idiot psychiatrist they had on didn't even do research about Psy's Gangnam style video which is the current #1 hit on YouTube.
    Probably because we have registration requirements for pistols and some rifles/shotguns. The feds, with the states help, would have an easy time getting the legal guns out of our hands.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    I don't see how that could be done with an executive order, I would think adding a new class would require congressional approval. Adding to an existing class like was done with the USAS 12, and Street sweepers is another story.
    I think the way they got those shotguns re-classified is due to the round they were shooting. If memory serves me right, there's something in federal law about not having a round larger than 0.5", with exceptions ("sporting" shotguns I suppose), which is why we haven't seen commercially available guns with a round larger than that. Since the USAS-12 and Street Sweepers used 12gauge rounds (roughly .73"), they were able to reclassify them. Even dropping to a 20gauge (roughly .62") would have been too big. In fact, most shotguns are over the 0.5" diameter requirement. About the only ones that aren't are the 40ga (try finding shells for that) or the 67.62ga, known as the .410

Based on that, i don't think they'd be able to reclassify something such as an AK clone or an AR, but then again, i never thought the govt would be able to force us to buy something we didn't want....
    Rand Paul 2016

Exclamation UPDATE: Confidential Docs Reveal That President May Bypass Congress On Semiautomatic

UPDATE: Confidential Docs Reveal That President May Bypass Congress On Semiautomatic Weapons Ban?

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/pre...ic-weapons-ban

“An anti-gun owner initiative considered in Washington could lead to massive civil disobedience and a severe domestic crisis,” John M. Snyder said today.

“According to confidential information,” he continued, “forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968.

“Under this scenario, semiautomatics and high capacity magazines could be acquired only with great difficulty and at great expense by America’s estimated 100 million law-abiding firearms owners.”

“The Obama gang probably realizes it would have a possibly insurmountable difficulty getting a semi auto ban, such as that considered by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and others, through Congress,” Snyder noted. “Congressional Second Amendment supporters already are preparing for such a battle. During the Clinton years, Congress enacted a partial, temporary semiauto ban but allowed it to sunset after 10 years because of its lack of significant negative impact on crime. The Obama administration now may order the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to take the classification step. Some gun-grabbers view the designation of Street Sweeper shotguns as Title 2 items during the Clinton administration as precedent for such a move.

“For several years, various groups and individuals have discussed the anti-gun owner proclivities of the administration. Obama anti-gun owner activities have involved the promulgation of anti-gun federal regulations, the appointment of anti-gun judges to the federal courts, including the Supreme Court, and the appointment of anti-gun personnel to other high federal positions, including the attorney generalship of the United States.”

“It’s been under this attorney generalship that the infamous Fast and Furious federal gun running scandal involving ATF has occurred,” Snyder stated. “The administration may feel that a replacement in that office could facilitate a ratcheting-up of its anti-gun activities with announcement and inauguration of the proposed semiautomatic classification/ban.

“Such a move surely would galvanize the law-abiding grass roots gun-owning American public into opposition as it never has before. At the very least, it would lead to an action in the U.S. House of Representatives to defund if not eliminate entirely the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. To what it would lead at the very most is anyone’s guess.”

No one held a gun to your head and forced you to troll this thread with your hate speech. Maybe you would be better served not trolling and spreading your hatred. Frankly both political party's are a joke, problem is there is only cosmetic differences between the two.

I wonder why the MODS have not banned your personal attacks on this thread, yet. Seems the MODS fear being not so politically correct, as they have censured people for far less than what you do on this site with your intolerant bigotry.

It is one thing to disagree, but to attack everyone with name calling and comparisons to the lunatics of society goes well into the arena personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    Is there a reason why Michigan gun owners seem to be ultra paranoid? This thread is definite fear mongering. I always near negative things coming from Michigan gun owners, a perfect example would be tin foil hat hutaree militia. I always get this vibe when I come to the Michigan gun forums or this sub section.

Also, stop watching FOX News. There's so much misinformation and assumption it's irritating. Hell, Bill O'Reilly and the idiot psychiatrist they had on didn't even do research about Psy's Gangnam style video which is the current #1 hit on YouTube.
    Last edited by alphamale; 12-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    No one held a gun to your head and forced you to troll this thread with your hate speech. Maybe you would be better served not trolling and spreading your hatred. Frankly both political party's are a joke, problem is there is only cosmetic differences between the two.

I wonder why the MODS have not banned your personal attacks on this thread, yet. Seems the MODS fear being not so politically correct, as they have censured people for far less than what you do on this site with your intolerant bigotry.

It is one thing to disagree, but to attack everyone with name calling and comparisons to the lunatics of society goes well into the arena personal attacks.
    He is moderated not, because you reported not. I saw what you were referring to, and agree- hate speech- deleted.

'On my watch list, is he now.' ~ Master Yoda
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I'm seeing more and more on this everyday now. This is the latest.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23241939&nid...&s_cid=queue-1

NRA expects 'unprecedented' gun control fight in next session of Congress
    By Josh FurlongDecember 4th, 2012 @ 1:03pm

SALT LAKE CITY — Following the murder-suicide of Kansas City Chiefs football player Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, the issue of gun control was thrust into the national spotlight as NBC's Bob Costas gave his opinion on gun control during the "Sunday Night Football" halftime broadcast.

Praising an article by Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock, Costas said, "In the coming days, Jovan Belcher's actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows? But here, wrote Jason Whitlock, is what I believe. If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today."

It's an issue that has been discussed ad nauseum, especially after events like the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, where a gunman shot up a movie theater during the midnight showing of the "Dark Knight Rises."

I think it is going to come hard, I think it is going to come fast, and I think it is going to come soon.
    –Wayne LaPierre
    On Monday, Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president and CEO of the National Rifle Association, said he expects an "unprecedented" fight on the issue of gun control on CNN's "Gut Check." LaPierre did not offer specific legislation in the works, but said he has sources in Washington D.C. who said the fight is coming.

"I think it is going to come hard, I think it is going to come fast, and I think it is going to come soon," LaPierre said.

LaPierre also condemned Costas' comments, saying he used the murder-suicide to "piggyback his social agenda on the back of a tragedy."

SCOTUS delays decision on gay marriage

With several states voting to allow same-sex marriage over the last decade, the United States Supreme Court is weighing the decision to address the constitutionality of marriage and the right for people to marry regardless of sexual orientation.

The justices met Friday and again Monday to discuss the issue, weighing the several appeals on the court docket. On Monday, the Supreme Court announced they will put off a decision until at least Friday, when they may determine what case to accept or delay a decision for a later date.

The court is expected to address the U.S. Defense of Marriage Act, which denies benefits to married same-sex couples, and California's marriage ban commonly known as Prop 8.

The Supreme Court generally holds on high-profile, complex cases that take more time to address, particularly when the constitutionality of the case will have a major impact on the nation. Considering that 31 states have passed a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, the issue before the court will not be taken lightly. The Supreme Court's decision will have a lasting impact no matter the decision.
    Last edited by mikestilly; 12-10-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Thank you. To be honest I didn't know who the mods are, now I know one. Don't visit the site because of time constraints, which limit my access to the Internet.

Thank you again, I grow weary of the nasty hate filled attacks on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    He is moderated not, because you reported not. I saw what you were referring to, and agree- hate speech- deleted.

'On my watch list, is he now.' ~ Master Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    I'm seeing more and more on this everyday now.
    Well no kidding. The country voted Obama back in. He's been open about what he wants to do.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Lightbulb

+ we will search you and your premises now,remove you to a FEMA camp incommunicado(NDAA),until we clear this up!Point-you are now out of action!
    Last edited by hamaneggs; 12-10-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Fear mongering.
    Completely agree. I argue we've seen more pro-gun laws and court decisions and more guns sold in the US under Obama than Bush. Not sure how that's possible, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by kubel View Post
    Completely agree. I argue we've seen more pro-gun laws and court decisions and more guns sold in the US under Obama than Bush. Not sure how that's possible, but it's true.
    The fear mongering makes people who fear that Obama will outlaw guns causes people to go out and buy more guns, get CPLs and stock pile ammo.
    perhaps Obama is getting kick backs from the gun industry for pushing up demand!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense