Thread: Attorney Hwang's case has been dismissed.

Attorney Hwang's case has been dismissed.

No surprise here. The New Haven police department and the mayor should be very embarrassed.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,3406636.story
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    +1

Well said, Mr. Hwang!

"When baseless breach of peace and interfering charges are brought against people that have a right to carry, it really threatens our constitutional right to bear arms," Hwang said in August.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

hopefully the publicity of this case actually helps those of us who are legal to carry in CT, more or less shedding light to the CT population which is uneducated in this topic (which is probably 75%+)

Well, now comes the case before the Board. The suitability issue may be the thing that gets his permit pulled. The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record, the police charges were dropped, yet the NHPD may recommend to pull it because of suitability. How does a man publicly quoted as being of good character then be deemed unsuitable? Do I smell a court case here?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LQM View Post
    Well, now comes the case before the Board. The suitability issue may be the thing that gets his permit pulled. The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record, the police charges were dropped, yet the NHPD may recommend to pull it because of suitability. How does a man publicly quoted as being of good character then be deemed unsuitable? Do I smell a court case here?
    They are not likely to recommend it be pulled (I am not aware of it being pulled so far) since the only 'evidence' they could use will be destroyed when the records are erased.

If they do decide to revoke it, the BFPE will overturn it without a problem and New Haven will have another embarrassing loss.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

My point exactly.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LQM View Post
    The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record...
    They dismissed the case against him ... not "opted not to charge" he was charged and went to several pre-trial hearings. I think the defendant filed a motion to dismiss and the city just dismissed the case w/o a hearing on the motion to dismiss (that they knew they were doomed).

I wonder if the defendant is going to argue against the dismissal? If it was w/o prejudice I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    No surprise here. The New Haven police department and the mayor should be very embarrassed.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...,3406636.story
    Yup, no surprise. Distefano opened his liberal mouth and inserted his liberal foot. That I don't mind, it's my fellow LEOs that still don't know or refuse accept our own firearm's laws and a person's right to bear arms in CT that bothers me. I hope this opens their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LESGTINCT View Post
    Yup, no surprise. Distefano opened his liberal mouth and inserted his liberal foot. That I don't mind, it's my fellow LEOs that still don't know or refuse accept our own firearm's laws and a person's right to bear arms in CT that bothers me. I hope this opens their eyes.
    Each of the arrests and subsequent slap downs of the LEOs involved has helped. This one was pretty public, so lets hope it is the end of the stupidity that is out there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Each of the arrests and subsequent slap downs of the LEOs involved has helped. This one was pretty public, so lets hope it is the end of the stupidity that is out there.
    Well it certainly is an issue .. you will run into someone who won't allow his weapon to be removed.