• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorney Hwang's case has been dismissed.

Freiheit417

Well said, Mr. Hwang!

"When baseless breach of peace and interfering charges are brought against people that have a right to carry, it really threatens our constitutional right to bear arms," Hwang said in August.

motoxmann

hopefully the publicity of this case actually helps those of us who are legal to carry in CT, more or less shedding light to the CT population which is uneducated in this topic (which is probably 75%+)

LQM

Well, now comes the case before the Board. The suitability issue may be the thing that gets his permit pulled. The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record, the police charges were dropped, yet the NHPD may recommend to pull it because of suitability. How does a man publicly quoted as being of good character then be deemed unsuitable? Do I smell a court case here?

Rich B

Well, now comes the case before the Board. The suitability issue may be the thing that gets his permit pulled. The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record, the police charges were dropped, yet the NHPD may recommend to pull it because of suitability. How does a man publicly quoted as being of good character then be deemed unsuitable? Do I smell a court case here?

They are not likely to recommend it be pulled (I am not aware of it being pulled so far) since the only 'evidence' they could use will be destroyed when the records are erased.

If they do decide to revoke it, the BFPE will overturn it without a problem and New Haven will have another embarrassing loss.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The city opted not to charge because of his impeccable record...

They dismissed the case against him ... not "opted not to charge" he was charged and went to several pre-trial hearings. I think the defendant filed a motion to dismiss and the city just dismissed the case w/o a hearing on the motion to dismiss (that they knew they were doomed).

I wonder if the defendant is going to argue against the dismissal? If it was w/o prejudice I would.

LESGTINCT

Rich B

Yup, no surprise. Distefano opened his liberal mouth and inserted his liberal foot. That I don't mind, it's my fellow LEOs that still don't know or refuse accept our own firearm's laws and a person's right to bear arms in CT that bothers me. I hope this opens their eyes.

Each of the arrests and subsequent slap downs of the LEOs involved has helped. This one was pretty public, so lets hope it is the end of the stupidity that is out there.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Each of the arrests and subsequent slap downs of the LEOs involved has helped. This one was pretty public, so lets hope it is the end of the stupidity that is out there.

Well it certainly is an issue .. you will run into someone who won't allow his weapon to be removed.