• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone seen the Guns N Ammo commercial showing around Reno?

braindead0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_RmmR2F6NI

19 seconds in you have a guy handing a pistol to a woman (presumably a customer)
handover.jpg

And then...what???
magazine.jpg

The guy behind the counter hands over a pistol with a magazine in place. The video dissolves into the next 'scene' but you can see the woman operate the slide, hopefully checking that it's clear.

Does this bother anyone else?

mbogo470

No. You are assuming that he did not clear the gun prior to handimng her the gun.

mbogo

davidmcbeth

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_RmmR2F6NI

19 seconds in you have a guy handing a pistol to a woman (presumably a customer)
View attachment 9628

And then...what???
View attachment 9629

The guy behind the counter hands over a pistol with a magazine in place. The video dissolves into the next 'scene' but you can see the woman operate the slide, hopefully checking that it's clear.

Does this bother anyone else?

See the guys in the background? I think they are sticking the place up .. oh, well.

Fallschirjmäger

Handing over a 1911-pattern with the slide locked back to someone not familiar with 1911's is asking for mechanical trouble down the road. I've always cleared, let the slide close and then hand over the firearm; usually presented upside down.

jdholmes

Handing over a 1911-pattern with the slide locked back to someone not familiar with 1911's is asking for mechanical trouble down the road. I've always cleared, let the slide close and then hand over the firearm; usually presented upside down.

Out of curiosity...Why is that asking for mechanical trouble?