Thread: city hall buildings and council meetings

city hall buildings and council meetings

Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings (without a mayors court) in Ohio? Also has anyone open carried to any council meetings? Reason I ask is because the ohio law says that concealed carry is not permitted in these places however i would rather not disarm myself to enter into them.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom1776 View Post
    Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings (without a mayors court) in Ohio? Also has anyone open carried to any council meetings? Reason I ask is because the ohio law says that concealed carry is not permitted in these places however i would rather not disarm myself to enter into them.
    Are you crazy??????

In general, yes you can open carry as long as there is no jail/holding cell or a mayor's court in the building. I'd do some educating of your police chief and the elected officials before proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Are you crazy??????
    C'mon COL, crazy is a matter of perspective and degree! lol

I admire the spirit and intention, freedom1776, and I'd be down for that adventure... but, color of law framed it well, if not understated it. There shouldn't be any bar to OCing in those places except that the "man" won't let us without a humdinger of a fight. We will overcome... eventually... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Are you crazy??????

In general, yes you can open carry as long as there is no jail/holding cell or a mayor's court in the building. I'd do some educating of your police chief and the elected officials before proceeding.
    I believe the OP asked, "Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings ..." Please tell us about your personal experience openly carrying handguns into municipal government buildings.