• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

city hall buildings and council meetings

freedom1776

Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings (without a mayors court) in Ohio? Also has anyone open carried to any council meetings? Reason I ask is because the ohio law says that concealed carry is not permitted in these places however i would rather not disarm myself to enter into them.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings (without a mayors court) in Ohio? Also has anyone open carried to any council meetings? Reason I ask is because the ohio law says that concealed carry is not permitted in these places however i would rather not disarm myself to enter into them.

Are you crazy??????

In general, yes you can open carry as long as there is no jail/holding cell or a mayor's court in the building. I'd do some educating of your police chief and the elected officials before proceeding.

JmE

Are you crazy??????
C'mon COL, crazy is a matter of perspective and degree! ;) lol

I admire the spirit and intention, freedom1776, and I'd be down for that adventure... but, color of law framed it well, if not understated it. There shouldn't be any bar to OCing in those places except that the "man" won't let us without a humdinger of a fight. We will overcome... eventually... I hope.

Werz

Are you crazy??????

In general, yes you can open carry as long as there is no jail/holding cell or a mayor's court in the building. I'd do some educating of your police chief and the elected officials before proceeding.
I believe the OP asked, "Does anyone have any open carry experience into City Hall buildings ..." Please tell us about your personal experience openly carrying handguns into municipal government buildings.