View Poll Results: How often have you OCed in a PFZ in the last 30 days?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 20 times?

2 6.06%
  • 11 to 20 times

2 6.06%
  • 6 to 10 times

4 12.12%
  • 1 to 5 times

7 21.21%

18 54.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry in a PFZ- who actually does it on a regular basis?

Open Carry in a PFZ- who actually does it on a regular basis?

Here's where the rubber meets the road. Although there is some disappointment over SB59, and the potential loss of the ability to OC in a PFZ, how many actually did it, and how often?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I did it once in the last year, but I had the permission of the bar owner.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Here's where the rubber meets the road.
    Reported for creating controversy and trying to divide the firearms community.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

ShadowBear: You're not going to be like OpenCarry.org Mike and sticky every thread you start, are you?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Reported for creating controversy and trying to divide the firearms community.
    That's OK; I reported myself for trying to be logical and clear headed....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

How dare you!
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    ShadowBear: You're not going to be like OpenCarry.org Mike and sticky every thread you start, are you?
    RHIP.

You forgot to vote in the poll.....

RHIP.

You forgot to vote in the poll.....
    Rental Housing Inspection Program?
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

RHIP...
    Had to google that one too didn't ya, Raggs. Don't worry I did too.

Eta: Darn you beat me and replyed while I was typing.
    Last edited by WilDChilD; 12-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Reported for using sarcasm without purple.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

I am in Ann Arbor, I have been in Skyline High School 4 different times, Abbot Elementary 4x and a little Methodist Church twice. The second to last time at the high school, the school officer finally saw it and was non too pleased..

Wait, he didn't draw on you? how could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch View Post
    I am in Ann Arbor, I have been in Skyline High School 4 different times, Abbot Elementary 4x and a little Methodist Church twice. The second to last time at the high school, the school officer finally saw it and was non too pleased..
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 12-03-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: eliminated duplicate close color tag
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Wait, he didn't draw on you? how could that be?
    No she did not, She did not even have her side arm. Although she did find another officer to "baby sit" me for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 12-03-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added 'to'

In the last 30 days, 0. In total, ever, I would guess about a dozen or so.

All in all, I don't go to these places often, and it has nothing to do with guns. If you're like me and don't like bars, don't have kids, don't need constant medical care, don't subscribe to main stream religion, and don't care for American style sports, nor concert crowds, it really doesn't come up very often.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Good thing you didn't ask how many have CCed in PFZs. Because that would be illegal.

Wheels

In the Last 30 days- 0
    It's been a while since I Open Carried in a PFZ ,maybe 4 times in the last Year

I will add ,that in the Last 30 days, I've left my handgun in my car while going into a Pistol Free Zone about 12 Times
    that I cant think of off hand.

Zero in the last thirty days. Maybe three times since I started carrying in the beginning of 2008.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Not quite the question, but in the last 30 days I"ve left my piece in the vehicle at least 15 times.

I have OC'd in a PFZ zero times ever.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

I'm wondering... is the purpose of this poll to discover how many folks actually OC in a PFZ? Or is it to discover how few folks OC in a PFZ in order to show that there are so few losing the ability to OC in a PFZ isn't even worth considering?

I suspect the enemies of OC would love to point to this thread and say something like...

"See? There isn't any need for OC in PFZ's since the amount of folks who do it is so small they can be counted on your fingers and have fingers left."

Thing is... it isn't about how many do it... it is about having the ability to do it if one wishes.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

OC in PFZ Church

I OC'd weekly until the Pastor and ex-Elder stopped me. After-which they said I could lock it in the church until they realized that I had to OC to the office which offended some high tithing people. I would rather be able to CC than not carry at all! The Ex-Elder is really ticked that if this passes, that I will be carrying whether they like it or not!

Well buddy,I happen to care for my family more than you....

It all comes down to money - whether gov or pub.
    Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

John 3:36 * He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Ignorance is NOT Bliss.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotchman View Post
    I OC'd weekly until the Pastor and ex-Elder stopped me. After-which they said I could lock it in the church until they realized that I had to OC to the office which offended some high tithing people. I would rather be able to CC than not carry at all! The Ex-Elder is really ticked that if this passes, that I will be carrying whether they like it or not!

Well buddy,I happen to care for my family more than you....

It all comes down to money - whether gov or pub.
    Well technically not true, as a private property they can ban firearms. The reality is they probably wouldn't know. Not the same thing.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Good thing you didn't ask how many have CCed in PFZs. Because that would be illegal.

You sayin' it's illegal to even ask?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Well technically not true, as a private property they can ban firearms. The reality is they probably wouldn't know. Not the same thing.
    My point was that as churches are actually corporations (as opposed to real private property), they are motivated by their financial balance more than truth or justice. In my case, this went sour because one of the big "donors" & a relative of the pastor, were part and parcel of gossip in the hope of making OC/CC look fearful and un-Biblical. And due to monetary concerns by the CEO (nee pastor) - We who believe like we do are the odd ones out.

And like many, This pastor believes in unity at all costs (which is not Biblical).

Apart from politics - Its a good church! But that is usually the case here in amerika!
    Last edited by Scotchman; 12-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

John 3:36 * He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Ignorance is NOT Bliss.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotchman View Post
    My point was that as churches are actually corporations (as opposed to real private property), they are motivated by their financial balance more than truth or justice. In my case, this went sour because one of the big "donors" & a relative of the pastor, were part and parcel of gossip in the hope of making OC/CC look fearful and un-Biblical. And due to monetary concerns by the CEO (nee pastor) - We who believe like we do are the odd ones out.

And like many, This pastor believes in unity at all costs (which is not Biblical).

Apart from politics - Its a good church! But that is usually the case here in amerika!
    I was merely addressing this comment "The Ex-Elder is really ticked that if this passes, that I will be carrying whether they like it or not!"

My point is even if this passes they can still ban firearms, so no reason for the Ex-elder to be ticked. If you had wanted to you could have carried CC anyway, the risk is small and only a civil infraction and CPL suspension for 6 months.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Only if the little box isn't checked. You know, the one that has "Exempt from pistol free zones, MCL 28.425o(4)" on it.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast