• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in a PFZ- who actually does it on a regular basis?

How often have you OCed in a PFZ in the last 30 days?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Here's where the rubber meets the road. Although there is some disappointment over SB59, and the potential loss of the ability to OC in a PFZ, how many actually did it, and how often?

TheQ

ShadowBear: You're not going to be like OpenCarry.org Mike and sticky every thread you start, are you? ;)

Mitchell

I am in Ann Arbor, I have been in Skyline High School 4 different times, Abbot Elementary 4x and a little Methodist Church twice. The second to last time at the high school, the school officer finally saw it and was non too pleased..

Raggs

Wait, he didn't draw on you? how could that be?

I am in Ann Arbor, I have been in Skyline High School 4 different times, Abbot Elementary 4x and a little Methodist Church twice. The second to last time at the high school, the school officer finally saw it and was non too pleased..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchell

Wait, he didn't draw on you? how could that be?

No she did not, She did not even have her side arm. Although she did find another officer to "baby sit" me for the rest of the night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michigander

In the last 30 days, 0. In total, ever, I would guess about a dozen or so.

All in all, I don't go to these places often, and it has nothing to do with guns. If you're like me and don't like bars, don't have kids, don't need constant medical care, don't subscribe to main stream religion, and don't care for American style sports, nor concert crowds, it really doesn't come up very often.

griffin

Good thing you didn't ask how many have CCed in PFZs. Because that would be illegal.

leaving.gif

DetroitBiker

In the Last 30 days- 0
It's been a while since I Open Carried in a PFZ ,maybe 4 times in the last Year

I will add ,that in the Last 30 days, I've left my handgun in my car while going into a Pistol Free Zone about 12 Times
that I cant think of off hand.

HKcarrier

Not quite the question, but in the last 30 days I"ve left my piece in the vehicle at least 15 times.

I have OC'd in a PFZ zero times ever.

B

Bikenut

I'm wondering... is the purpose of this poll to discover how many folks actually OC in a PFZ? Or is it to discover how few folks OC in a PFZ in order to show that there are so few losing the ability to OC in a PFZ isn't even worth considering?

I suspect the enemies of OC would love to point to this thread and say something like...

"See? There isn't any need for OC in PFZ's since the amount of folks who do it is so small they can be counted on your fingers and have fingers left."

Thing is... it isn't about how many do it... it is about having the ability to do it if one wishes.

Scotchman

OC in PFZ Church

I OC'd weekly until the Pastor and ex-Elder stopped me. After-which they said I could lock it in the church until they realized that I had to OC to the office which offended some high tithing people. I would rather be able to CC than not carry at all! The Ex-Elder is really ticked that if this passes, that I will be carrying whether they like it or not!

Well buddy,I happen to care for my family more than you....

It all comes down to money - whether gov or pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.