• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC Ch. 12 interview 12-3-2012

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Bad advice Jim!

Poor gun cleaning habits are natures way of dusting off the gene pool.

skeith5

Re: NBC Ch. 12 interview today

Excatly! The boy that eats the most glue doesn't grow up to have boys of his own... :D

I don't know about that... I ate a lot of glue when I was a kid and I have two great sons...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I don't know about that... I ate a lot of glue when I was a kid and I have two great sons...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Elmer's or Grade School Paste don't count. They should be listed as a food group.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
You look a little different from when I took your course 2 1/2 years ago. Must be the makeup (heh, heh).

Seriously, I have always maintained that is is a physical impossibility to clean a loaded firearm. I'll leave the naysayers to their own devices, but what I mean by this is the fact that you cannot swab and brush the barrel or clean the internal parts when the gun is loaded.

In June 2010, I received news that a man I had worked with was killed while cleaning his handgun. There is some sketchy info with this whole incident and the fact that he was former military make it even more sketchy. But he's dead and that was the supposed cause of death... from what I understand.

Bottom line, clean your guns in some private and secluded location in your home and have nothing around to disturb you while you go about the steps in this process. Once a round is fired it can never be recalled, regardless of how it was fired.