Thread: Bob Costas' Anti-Gun Comment On Sunday Night Football

Bob Costas' Anti-Gun Comment On Sunday Night Football

Though I did not see/hear this portion of the broadcast, apparently Bob Costas was so moved by the Belcher murder/suicide he had to make an anti-gun comment on the show. Here is the story from the AP wire service:

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...org%3E&ps=1013

Studies by the Harvard School of Medicine, Hearst Media Corporation, the Congressional Budget Office and the Office of the Inspector General have all come forward saying several hundred thousand Americans are injured or killed by medical mistakes each year. What media limelight is this given? Instead we have gun control advocates parading their personal agendas even though there is no national or international evidence showing that implementing gun control reduces homicide and violence in a given culture.

If anyone would like to contact NBC Sports and/or boycott their advertisers, the email address for NBC Sports Feedback is: nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Here is a link to the video of Bob Costas' commentary: http://daily-download.com/watch-bob-...s-gun-control/
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Thanks for the NBC feedback link.

My thoughts...

It is with great sadness we say goodbye to Kasandra Perkins and pray for her daughter, Zoey. May Kasandra's murderer Jovan Belcher forever rot.

It is unbelievable that there are those who would blame the tool, a gun, for their deaths when that same tool in Kasandra's hands might have saved her from an enraged boyfriend.

Worse, those same fools apparently believe a professional linebacker that was twice her size could not have killed her with his hands or any other object readily available when he "lost control".

Pray for them and for future disarmed women (or men) who will be unable to defend themselves and their families should these idiots get their way, believing that removing guns is removing evil.

The problem is that evil is not an object, evil resides in men (and women) same as good, and it takes good men (and women), prepared and armed, to stand up to the evil in the world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chiefs.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	9632

I posted this on Hypocrisy-and-Stupidity-of-Gun-Control-Advocates

Also posted on CSGV facebook... lasted less than 2 minutes. (big surprise)

While looking for a pic to put with the above post, my 10 year old daughter asked who's pictures those were.
    I explained what had happened in basic terms, and explained that people were upset and wanted to get rid of guns.
    I asked her if it was the gun's fault, and she looked at me like I'm crazy. "No, it's the guy's fault".
    I then asked her what if we get rid of all the guns and she said "but how could people defend themselves?"
    I pointed at the picture and asked her what if he didn't have a gun when he "flipped out"? She said " He's huge! He doesn't need a gun."

So if a 10 year old gets it, why can't CSGV & Bob Costass?

Edit: correction, her daughter didn't die, but she's still a victim.
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 12-04-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

facebook boycot snfb page

http://www.facebook.com/BoycottSunda...ootball?ref=nf

Let NBCSNFB know your thoughts right on their FB page

http://www.facebook.com/SNFonNBC

See if your posts last
    Last edited by tomm1963; 12-04-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Banned
    Yep. Blame the gun, not the thug wielding it! How moronic. That he had the gun did not make him want her dead, nor did it provide the only means. The reason the woman is dead is that the thug chose to kill her. Period. That he is dead through his use of a gun? GOOD!

HE continues his ridiculousness
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/06...ly-appearance/

"Artillery" "Automatic Weapons"

Complete idiot.

Bob really showed his ignorance to the gun community while being interviewed on OReilly....however, his rant/answers sounded/resonated good and honorable to the ignorant populace.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned
    Sounds like he really doesn't want blacks to have guns ... more commie crap ... O'Reilly did not make me happy either ... softball interview