• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Costas' Anti-Gun Comment On Sunday Night Football

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Though I did not see/hear this portion of the broadcast, apparently Bob Costas was so moved by the Belcher murder/suicide he had to make an anti-gun comment on the show. Here is the story from the AP wire service:

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA2UHF5G1@news.ap.org>&ps=1013

Studies by the Harvard School of Medicine, Hearst Media Corporation, the Congressional Budget Office and the Office of the Inspector General have all come forward saying several hundred thousand Americans are injured or killed by medical mistakes each year. What media limelight is this given? Instead we have gun control advocates parading their personal agendas even though there is no national or international evidence showing that implementing gun control reduces homicide and violence in a given culture.

If anyone would like to contact NBC Sports and/or boycott their advertisers, the email address for NBC Sports Feedback is: nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

Lord Sega

My thoughts...

It is with great sadness we say goodbye to Kasandra Perkins and pray for her daughter, Zoey. May Kasandra's murderer Jovan Belcher forever rot.

It is unbelievable that there are those who would blame the tool, a gun, for their deaths when that same tool in Kasandra's hands might have saved her from an enraged boyfriend.

Worse, those same fools apparently believe a professional linebacker that was twice her size could not have killed her with his hands or any other object readily available when he "lost control".

Pray for them and for future disarmed women (or men) who will be unable to defend themselves and their families should these idiots get their way, believing that removing guns is removing evil.

The problem is that evil is not an object, evil resides in men (and women) same as good, and it takes good men (and women), prepared and armed, to stand up to the evil in the world.

Chiefs.jpg

I posted this on Hypocrisy-and-Stupidity-of-Gun-Control-Advocates

Also posted on CSGV facebook... lasted less than 2 minutes. (big surprise)

While looking for a pic to put with the above post, my 10 year old daughter asked who's pictures those were.
I explained what had happened in basic terms, and explained that people were upset and wanted to get rid of guns.
I asked her if it was the gun's fault, and she looked at me like I'm crazy. "No, it's the guy's fault".
I then asked her what if we get rid of all the guns and she said "but how could people defend themselves?"
I pointed at the picture and asked her what if he didn't have a gun when he "flipped out"? She said " He's huge! He doesn't need a gun."

So if a 10 year old gets it, why can't CSGV & Bob Costass?

Edit: correction, her daughter didn't die, but she's still a victim.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
6989_349209311843780_685521644_n.jpg

eye95

Yep. Blame the gun, not the thug wielding it! How moronic. That he had the gun did not make him want her dead, nor did it provide the only means. The reason the woman is dead is that the thug chose to kill her. Period. That he is dead through his use of a gun? GOOD!

Redbaron007

Bob really showed his ignorance to the gun community while being interviewed on OReilly....however, his rant/answers sounded/resonated good and honorable to the ignorant populace. :banghead:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like he really doesn't want blacks to have guns ... more commie crap ... O'Reilly did not make me happy either ... softball interview