Thread: Does this video show the normal police responce to OC?

Does this video show the normal police responce to OC?

I thought that KY was an open carry friendly state.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Cha-ching!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

I thought that KY was an open carry friendly state.
    That officer is an idiot! He has NO idea what he is saying! He completely deprived that gentleman of his rights. I would have sued him and the department before I placed this video on Youtube.

Does anyone know who this might be?
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundiver View Post
    Whatever came of this incident? Do you know? Anyone?
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Is there really a Supreme court case on what the cop said at the beginning?
    Last edited by Comm; 12-05-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    OMG .. how is this cop still a cop? He has to be the luckiest guy I know. If he continues this route he'll just get himself in a world of hurt. I hope his boss saw this and straightened him out.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-05-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    ps1mhd is the OC'er in the video. Of course I don't know his real name. I'm sure a PM to him will answer your question. That is of course if he checks his PM. He doesn't seem to be a very active member here.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

[QUOTE=Freedom1Man;

I thought that KY was an open carry friendly state.[/QUOTE]

KY really is an OC friendly state. Someone just forgot to tell this dip sh!t cop that it is.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

I've only had one confrontational encounter like that and it didn't continue going the way that one did. But that guy was also ill prepared for such a confrontation. Where were the KRS and Kentucky case law references? Where were the USC and Federal case law references? Why didn't he ask to speak to the officers supervisor? Why didn't he even bother to get their names?

If that cop had threatened me with jail I would have said, "Let's go, I want to get paid from the civil lawsuit that I'm going to file on you and your department."

If this guy can't stand up to a pushy officer and the threat of jail, how is he going to handle the stress of someone shooting at him?

One must be better informed than this, I don't think its right that we have to be, but that's the reality of it.

Big Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfetteredMight View Post
    I've only had one confrontational encounter like that and it didn't continue going the way that one did. But that guy was also ill prepared for such a confrontation. Where were the KRS and Kentucky case law references? Where were the USC and Federal case law references? Why didn't he ask to speak to the officers supervisor? Why didn't he even bother to get their names?

If that cop had threatened me with jail I would have said, "Let's go, I want to get paid from the civil lawsuit that I'm going to file on you and your department."

If this guy can't stand up to a pushy officer and the threat of jail, how is he going to handle the stress of someone shooting at him?

One must be better informed than this, I don't think its right that we have to be, but that's the reality of it.

Big Fail.
    I've seen some videos where the OC'er was able to quote a ton of state laws, case laws, USC's etc. Sometimes the LEO would back down and sometimes it still ended in an arrest (later dismissed I'm sure). I just wonder when it is a good time to stop talking, plead the 5th and call their hand and make them either charge you or go f**k off. I'm sure asking for a supervisor is always ok and a smart move. And I'm all for pleading my case and reminding them of the consequences of an illegal arrest, but when trying to rationalize with a person that is unrationale, I just wonder when it's time to zip your lip and take a different approach.

n.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    I've seen some videos where the OC'er was able to quote a ton of state laws, case laws, USC's etc. Sometimes the LEO would back down and sometimes it still ended in an arrest (later dismissed I'm sure). I just wonder when it is a good time to stop talking, plead the 5th and call their hand and make them either charge you or go f**k off. I'm sure asking for a supervisor is always ok and a smart move. And I'm all for pleading my case and reminding them of the consequences of an illegal arrest, but when trying to rationalize with a person that is unrationale, I just wonder when it's time to zip your lip and take a different approach.
    No sir, I would rather it end in an illegal arrest than to capitulate to an illegal stop.

This is how it's done.

http://conservativevideos.com/2012/1...al-open-carry/