• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does this video show the normal police responce to OC?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
[video=youtube;AicKHgI1Ga0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0[/video]

I thought that KY was an open carry friendly state.

That officer is an idiot! He has NO idea what he is saying! He completely deprived that gentleman of his rights. I would have sued him and the department before I placed this video on Youtube.

Does anyone know who this might be?

davidmcbeth

Banned
OMG .. how is this cop still a cop? He has to be the luckiest guy I know. If he continues this route he'll just get himself in a world of hurt. I hope his boss saw this and straightened him out.

Last edited:

UnfetteredMight

I've only had one confrontational encounter like that and it didn't continue going the way that one did. But that guy was also ill prepared for such a confrontation. Where were the KRS and Kentucky case law references? Where were the USC and Federal case law references? Why didn't he ask to speak to the officers supervisor? Why didn't he even bother to get their names?

If that cop had threatened me with jail I would have said, "Let's go, I want to get paid from the civil lawsuit that I'm going to file on you and your department."

If this guy can't stand up to a pushy officer and the threat of jail, how is he going to handle the stress of someone shooting at him?

One must be better informed than this, I don't think its right that we have to be, but that's the reality of it.

Big Fail.

self preservation

I've only had one confrontational encounter like that and it didn't continue going the way that one did. But that guy was also ill prepared for such a confrontation. Where were the KRS and Kentucky case law references? Where were the USC and Federal case law references? Why didn't he ask to speak to the officers supervisor? Why didn't he even bother to get their names?

If that cop had threatened me with jail I would have said, "Let's go, I want to get paid from the civil lawsuit that I'm going to file on you and your department."

If this guy can't stand up to a pushy officer and the threat of jail, how is he going to handle the stress of someone shooting at him?

One must be better informed than this, I don't think its right that we have to be, but that's the reality of it.

Big Fail.

I've seen some videos where the OC'er was able to quote a ton of state laws, case laws, USC's etc. Sometimes the LEO would back down and sometimes it still ended in an arrest (later dismissed I'm sure). I just wonder when it is a good time to stop talking, plead the 5th and call their hand and make them either charge you or go f**k off. I'm sure asking for a supervisor is always ok and a smart move. And I'm all for pleading my case and reminding them of the consequences of an illegal arrest, but when trying to rationalize with a person that is unrationale, I just wonder when it's time to zip your lip and take a different approach.

UnfetteredMight

I've seen some videos where the OC'er was able to quote a ton of state laws, case laws, USC's etc. Sometimes the LEO would back down and sometimes it still ended in an arrest (later dismissed I'm sure). I just wonder when it is a good time to stop talking, plead the 5th and call their hand and make them either charge you or go f**k off. I'm sure asking for a supervisor is always ok and a smart move. And I'm all for pleading my case and reminding them of the consequences of an illegal arrest, but when trying to rationalize with a person that is unrationale, I just wonder when it's time to zip your lip and take a different approach.

No sir, I would rather it end in an illegal arrest than to capitulate to an illegal stop.

This is how it's done.

http://conservativevideos.com/2012/12/pedestrian-detained-by-police-for-legal-open-carry/