• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello NC-ers ... ? about the needs regarding transporting a handgun through your st

davidmcbeth

Banned
Are there any requirements for a resident regarding the transportation of HANDGUNS through the state?

Any safety classes required (not to carry or possess, but to transport) for transportation?

How about non-residents?

Any statutory authority would be super

Thanks in advance

....particularly interested in the state

REDFIVE48

As long as you can legally own a gun you are good to transport in many ways

Loaded and visible

Concealed if you have a permit

Stored away not accessible by a passenger if you don't have a permit

The flyer sticky should provide you with the info you need

ncwabbit

oh, dear someone invited the OP to the tarheel state...hide everything cuz you remember the last time a visitor came thru they destroyed everything..:D

which part of rural religious NC country sideare you transversing thru? do you have time so we can invite you to partake in a meal w/sweet tea on your sojourn?

wabbit

ps: tis a southern thing...

pps: what redfive said...look at the sticky

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
oh, dear someone invited the OP to the tarheel state...hide everything cuz you remember the last time a visitor came thru they destroyed everything..:D

which part of rural religious NC country sideare you transversing thru? do you have time so we can invite you to partake in a meal w/sweet tea on your sojourn?

wabbit

ps: tis a southern thing...

pps: what redfive said...look at the sticky

Ha.. I like butterflies .. so I visit the place in/around Durham. But I have no recent plans to visit .. its information needed for a permit denial admin hearing ... I have a thread running on my experiences .. will it end up in woe, sorrow, or enlightenment? We'll see. I440/inner I440/outer .. you folks are wacky in NC...you confuse us yankees.

ncwabbit

Ha.. I like butterflies .. so I visit the place in/around Durham. But I have no recent plans to visit .. its information needed for a permit denial admin hearing ... I have a thread running on my experiences .. will it end up in woe, sorrow, or enlightenment? We'll see. I440/inner I440/outer .. you folks are wacky in NC...you confuse us yankees.

you northerners don't have belly buttons? same concept

wabbit

ps: and this from someone who chases butterflies...hummm, go figure!!:banana:

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

1. Current avatar better.
2. We confuse you?? Inner and Outer beltways are easier to recognize than jug-handle turns (NJ).:lol:

JayT

I440/inner I440/outer .. you folks are wacky in NC...you confuse us yankees.

I thought so to, until I was taught that inner traffic moves clockwise, outer moves counter-clockwise... just know where you are on the clock and get on the right one... easy-peasy... The new "East/West 440" is WAY more confusing to me... It's a friggin "circle", so how can it be East/West?

</hijack>