Thread: where at

Question where at

Where can you put your pistol on you and still be open carry besides the hips.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab/bit View Post
    Where can you put your pistol on you and still be open carry besides the hips.
    Thigh holster; ankle holster with shorts; shoulder holster; neck-chain holster. I believe these would be the only other options.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

You left off holsters attached to backpacks, handlebars, motorcycle gas tanks/frames, and the like.

As for OCing literally on a scooter - http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=ha...nt97_searchbox

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 12-06-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: fixed link
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thumbs up

Thanks for helping out.

Banned
    I'd check your State law. Start with the sub-forum for the State in which you would be carrying.

Some States are kind of funky as to what is open and what is concealed. Is it Louisiana where having the gun in a holster has been considered by the courts to be concealed?

If you carry openly on a bicycle in Alabama, you will need a license as that is considered "in a vehicle."

Bottom line, if you carry, openly or concealed, know the federal laws and the State laws on possession and carry, or risk running afoul of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I'd check your State law....Is it Louisiana where having the gun in a holster has been considered by the courts to be concealed?...Bottom line, if you carry, openly or concealed, know the federal laws and the State laws on possession and carry, or risk running afoul of them.
    Not only the law but the relevant court decisions too ... weird how having a gun in a holster is concealed...one would never know that unless they looked into the court opinions...

Thanks eye !

Banned
    Very definitely court rulings too! As a matter of fact, I think it is a court interpretation in LA that holstering a gun is concealing it. I may not be recalling correctly. Everyone should check for themselves and not take anyone else's word for it. If you break the law on my word, you go to jail, not me.

Campaign Veteran
    @ skidmark: Ooops...I clicked on those motorcycle-carry pics and got a 404 Error message on all of them:

" The webpage cannot be found HTTP 404 "

"...weird how having a gun in a holster is concealed..." -- davidmcbeth

That's one reason I don't want to wear my Tokarev's military FLAP HOLSTER in NM (CO may be the same) because I never could get any definitive answer re: wearing a flap holster in NM (for OCing purposes) as it pretty much covers the gun.

Yes, it CLEARLY DOES look like a gun holster, and one could "reasonably assume" a gun IS being carried in it, and it IS plainly carried on the outside of the belt (not covered by shirt or jacket) -- but then again, it COULD be just where I store my cigarettes/cellphone/camera and such (so who knows what REALLY is in it except me -- a cop wouldn't)...so would it still be considered OCing or instead, CCing?

As stated, I NEVER got an answer...so I won't use said holster as it's neither fish nor fowl (apparently)...meaning it's not CC because the holster is open to public view, yet it's not OC because the gun isn't visible to public view. You can't win.

Go figure.

In a full-blown SHTF situation, however, I sure WILL use it as "the law" won't matter anymore (fortunately) and would be the least of my concerns anyway in a SHTF context.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

I OC my pistol in a pocket on my "European Hand Bag"...

Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Campaign Veteran
    Yes, of course...

But my "Hello Kitty" range-bag gets quite a few comments on the line. One of them was even positive. ;-)

Well, at least I complete the ensemble with my "Kalashnikitty" t-shirt...

P.S. Be sure you carry your "European Hand Bag" in front of you so no one behind you can get it from the back (blindside). Paint the gun purple (the BAG looks purple) and no one would notice it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	European Shoulder Bag (old Progressive Ins TV commercial).jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	9644  
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.