Thread: Costas is digging his own grave now; should have shut his trap before & after; idiot

Banned

Costas is digging his own grave now; should have shut his trap before & after; idiot

Costas relayed an anecdote relayed to him by Tony Dungy, former head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Dungy asked 80 football players at training camp if they owned a gun. Sixty-five hands went up.

"Even if all those guns were obtained legally, you canít have 65 guys in their 20s Ė aggressive young men subject to impulses, without something bad happening," Costas said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...em-easier?lite

Its a "let me explain" ... deal -- what a freaking moron.

65 guys in their 20's ? I guess he wants to disband the army now besides us....must be a russian operative...a sleeper agent

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Costas relayed an anecdote relayed to him by Tony Dungy, former head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Dungy asked 80 football players at training camp if they owned a gun. Sixty-five hands went up.

"Even if all those guns were obtained legally, you can’t have 65 guys in their 20s – aggressive young men subject to impulses, without something bad happening," Costas said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...em-easier?lite

Its a "let me explain" ... deal -- what a freaking moron.

65 guys in their 20's ? I guess he wants to disband the army now besides us....must be a russian operative...a sleeper agent
    It is quite obvious the man isn't very intelligent; he is a sports broadcaster after all. I love people like him, because they make the "gun nuts" appear sane and rational.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 12-05-2012 at 03:21 AM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    So where is the rest of the story Costas, did those young men use their guns in violent crime?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    He has simply bought into a lot of the anti-gun mythology, but has a pulpit from which to preach his ignorance.

Simply stop watching any programming of which he is a part, and let the network know that you (and, we hope, millions of others) won't watch his boobery any more. Maybe that'll motivate them to stop letting him use their soapbox for his uninformed rants.

Personally, I'll be turning off all of his programming.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    He has simply bought into a lot of the anti-gun mythology, but has a pulpit from which to preach his ignorance.

Simply stop watching any programming of which he is a part, and let the network know that you (and, we hope, millions of others) won't watch his boobery any more. Maybe that'll motivate them to stop letting him use their soapbox for his uninformed rants.

Personally, I'll be turning off all of his programming.
    Easy for me I am not a fan of organized sports and would much rather read a book.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

If only he had called the killer a monkey.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...a_mistake.html

Costas is anti-gun. He meant exactly what he meant, it is the tool that is to blame for the murder/suicide, not the murder. Another liberal TV personality regurgitating his liberal views.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Costas doubles down on his comments

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreill...ture-comments/

So many inaccurate statements. He must receive the Brady Bunch Newsletter. he likely contributes to the Brady Bunch.
    O'Reilly ain't much better than Costas other than he desires to carry.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    ...NFL players have arrest rates for violent crime that far exceeds the national average and the national average for blacks.
    Cite?
    Last edited by eye95; 12-06-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Easy for me I am not a fan of organized sports and would much rather read a book.
    That'll frighten a lot of people more than learning that you have a house full of guns.

But then I rather enjoy frightening morons...
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Costa originally was trying to back track....however, he is now doubling down on the BradyBunch montra.

He will look good to the BB and Hollywood/Liberal leftist group. He's entitled to his opinion....however, to use his platform to espouse his thoughts was wrong.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Wonder how the network would respond if people started asking for someone to be allowed a response on air during the next game to what he said?
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Costas is racist because he is saying that BLACK men in their 20's are violent and cant be trusted with guns. He is partially right though because NFL players have arrest rates for violent crime that far exceeds the national average and the national average for blacks.
    It's obvious we need to outlaw the NFL due to the obvious link between criminals and being in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    That'll frighten a lot of people more than learning that you have a house full of guns.

But then I rather enjoy frightening morons...
    LOL....me too.

Did Costa do an opinion piece Sunday night on how deadly cars are?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain