• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 Grips

SSG Riser1981

Just bought a Sig Sauer 1911 TAC PAC and want to look at grip options, are these interchangable with standard 1911 grips available online?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Why wouldn't they be? Is there something unique or different from a mil-spec 1911? Post some pictures.

The majority of 1911s have standard compatible grips with some notable exceptions being Taurus 1911s with ambidextrous safeties due to how the safety is attached to the frame and some Para Ordnance 1911s. I'm sure there are more.

As for good quality grips at good prices, check these folks out. All 4 of my 1911s sport grips from them.

http://www.raascogrips.com