• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in the malls in Tulsa

Bruster

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and was curious if it is ok to carry in the malls in Tulsa. It has been a while since I have been there and I don't remember seeing any signs. Thanks in advance for your info. I think is site is awesome and will tell my friends about it.

Bruster

Well, I talked to security at promenade and they said if its concealed then we don't know about it, but if we see you open carrying then we will ask you to take it to your car. Just an update.

Gary S

Welcome to the forum there is a great amount of good information shared here. Also see you are in the broken arrow tulsa area. There is a sticky about an open carry meet and greet check it out and feel free to join.

okiephlyer

Most of the mall entrances are posted with no gun signs, however the signs are not always obvious. The entrances through the major anchor stores are usually not posted. Take this at face value, don't read anything in to it.

Bruster

Thanks for the info and the invite. I haven't had knotty pine since they were in west tulsa and the food was great. I will definitely try to make it there.

Also, there is a fundraiser at bass pro this Saturday to raise money for Garfield elementary in sand springs. Somebody burnt there playground down and my church is doing this for them. It starts at 12:30pm and they will be selling hotdogs and chips so stop by If you are in the area and hungry. Thanks again for all of the great info on this site.

Gary S

Thanks for the info and the invite. I haven't had knotty pine since they were in west tulsa and the food was great. I will definitely try to make it there.

Also, there is a fundraiser at bass pro this Saturday to raise money for Garfield elementary in sand springs. Somebody burnt there playground down and my church is doing this for them. It starts at 12:30pm and they will be selling hotdogs and chips so stop by If you are in the area and hungry. Thanks again for all of the great info on this site.

I will try and swing buy i could always use an excuse to go to bass pro

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
I've never noticed signs at malls and have OC'ed in every mall I've ever been in for about the past decade. Althogh it seems like no one ever notices, on occassion I have had security personnel make eye contact with me, I nod, they nod back and we all continue on with our lives. My girlfriend brought up the point that people most likely assume that I am a LEO because of my appearance. Perhaps that's why I get away with OC'ing in places where other people have stated that they were asked to cover up or leave. Sometimes I would like to be a fly on the wall and witness some of these negative encounters that people talk about. This is another reason why we should always carry, at the minimum, a voice recorder: for the education of ourselves and others. We can review the events and see what we think we should / could have done differently as well as ask others for their input. I wish more people would do this, especially people who seem to have multiple negative encounters. Ok...Random rant over.

heavyweight_4u

I was at the Promenade Mall yesterday with the kids getting overpriced pictures with the "fat man" and i made sure to look the doors over upon entry... They are NOT posted. This suprised me alot with hearing most of all malls being a no go zone. It was good to see.

hrdware

I was at the Promenade Mall yesterday with the kids getting overpriced pictures with the "fat man" and i made sure to look the doors over upon entry... They are NOT posted. This suprised me alot with hearing most of all malls being a no go zone. It was good to see.

Most malls won't post on the doors. They have code of conduct signs just inside the entrances where they put this stuff. This allows them to place the code of conduct signs at access points that lead into the mall from the anchor stores as well. The anchor stores can have their own policy.

Glad you didn't have any negative experiences though.

heavyweight_4u

Most malls won't post on the doors. They have code of conduct signs just inside the entrances where they put this stuff. This allows them to place the code of conduct signs at access points that lead into the mall from the anchor stores as well. The anchor stores can have their own policy.

Glad you didn't have any negative experiences though.

I wasnt carrying since i thought it would of been a GunBuster Zone. I looked inside the doors but did not see anything.... Oh well good to hear they may be focusing on OC weapons... We shall see

Bob Vest

My wife and I went to Woodland Hills Mall yesterday. I was OCing as usual and nobody said a word. We went in and out Sears through their entrance and shopped both levels. Then to JC Penney’s through their entrance, shopped both levels, then went out into the mall itself to Dillard’s then back through the mall to JCP and out to the car. Total time was about 90 minutes or better. No one even noticed as far as I can tell.

I do NOT look like a LEO.

bob

Gary S

My wife and I went to Woodland Hills Mall yesterday. I was OCing as usual and nobody said a word. We went in and out Sears through their entrance and shopped both levels. Then to JC Penney’s through their entrance, shopped both levels, then went out into the mall itself to Dillard’s then back through the mall to JCP and out to the car. Total time was about 90 minutes or better. No one even noticed as far as I can tell.

I do NOT look like a LEO.

bob

I thought all tulsa malls were posted, are they not?

Randy P

It depends on what door you go in. I believe the main entrances are posted but all the other businesses with doors to the outside are a mix. Some are posted and some are not from what I've seen.

We went to Woodland Hills a few weeks ago and went in the main doors to the east of Sears on the north side. I did see a sign there. I was CC though and didn't let it bother me.

I know a lot of the big chain stores will not post for one reason or another. At least out here in Owasso the Target, Kmart, JC Penneys, Kohls etc have not posted.

Last edited: