Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun Legislator Arrested...For Having Gun at Airport!

Anti-Gun Legislator Arrested...For Having Gun at Airport!

Trotter, 62, has been a state senator since 1993. Before that, he was a state representative from 1988 to 1993. During his time in the legislature, he has regularly been an anti-gun vote, and has opposed legislation that would allow for concealed carry in Illinois.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/...-gun-on-plane/
    Last edited by Praying Mantis; 12-07-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Banned
    Hahahaha TOO BAD ....

oh the irony... lol
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Lol!!!!!!

If I, if we, don't have that right then neither does the old coot.
    Tell the commie libtard to go pound sand.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Just another example of the double standard the leftist have. It's ok for them to own and carry but not Joe citizen. He should face the same charges and punishment any regular citizen would. But will this change his mind on gun control laws, I doubt it.

Banned
    If the man is telling the truth, there is no inconsistency between his beliefs and his actions, and his crime was one born of carelessness, not of a sense of privilege.

He apparently has a second job as a security guard. As such he is licensed to carry. He may well believe that only licensed security personnel and LEO should ever carry, and not that his position as a privileged politician allows the carry. Were it the latter, I'd call him a hypocrite. Instead, I'll just call him wrong.

He should be treated the same as any other citizen who inadvertently tried to take a gun through a checkpoint would be. If that has a negative effect on his campaign for Congress, meh. He DID break the law. The only question is whether his actions were criminal, i.e. did he have the intent to break the law, or was it an accident (in which case he would face only civil penalties)?

I see a lot of irony here, but zero hypocrisy.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If the man is telling the truth, there is no inconsistency between his beliefs and his actions, and his crime was one born of carelessness, not of a sense of privilege.

He apparently has a second job as a security guard. As such he is licensed to carry. He may well believe that only licensed security personnel and LEO should ever carry, and not that his position as a privileged politician allows the carry. Were it the latter, I'd call him a hypocrite. Instead, I'll just call him wrong.

He should be treated the same as any other citizen who inadvertently tried to take a gun through a checkpoint would be. If that has a negative effect on his campaign for Congress, meh. He DID break the law. The only question is whether his actions were criminal, i.e. did he have the intent to break the law, or was it an accident (in which case he would face only civil penalties)?

I see a lot of irony here, but zero hypocrisy.
    I agree and would take it even further. Under common law not even civil penalties should be awarded, especially since the state wasn't "damaged" in any way.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Thumbs down Trotter,guns and airports.

I can see where someone might forget his weapon in a suitcase or bag and ending up at an airport.
    What I will not accept is the statement that he was issued a carry permit for a security guard job and then
    carries a .25 ACP mousegun.

"Prosecutors charged an Illinois state senator Wednesday with attempting to board an aircraft with a weapon after they said he tried to carry an unloaded .25 caliber pistol and bullets through security at OíHare International Airport."

- http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...rge-84657.html

Only a fool would hire a man so equipped, or expect satisfactory defense from such.

A .25 has its place in the world...but not in a security guard application.

IMHO it was not carelessness to for get his gun was in his suite case. It would be negligence. No matter who you are if you posses a firearm you need to know where it is at all times. There is no excuse for forgetting where you placed your firearm. Having a firearm is a big responsibility and being forgetful with it is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    IMHO it was not carelessness to for get his gun was in his suite case. It would be negligence. No matter who you are if you posses a firearm you need to know where it is at all times. There is no excuse for forgetting where you placed your firearm. Having a firearm is a big responsibility and being forgetful with it is dangerous.
    This is Truth. Then again this was chicago, the laws do not ally to guys like this.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Carelessness can be negligence. The two are not mutually exclusive. Negligence is simply carelessness with a consequence for which one will (or, at least, should) be held responsible. He carelessly left his handgun in his carryon. He was negligent to do so.

BTW, it is nice to know that TSA security checkpoints have once again kept us safe from yet another terrorist. What does that bring the count to? Oh, yeah. Zero.

If he is going to or from his job as a Senator then he cannot be charged or stopped.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    ~~ snipped ~~ What I will not accept is the statement that he was issued a carry permit for a security guard job and then carries a .25 ACP mousegun.

"Prosecutors charged an Illinois state senator Wednesday with attempting to board an aircraft with a weapon after they said he tried to carry an unloaded .25 caliber pistol and bullets through security at OíHare International Airport."

- http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...rge-84657.html

Only a fool would hire a man so equipped, or expect satisfactory defense from such.

A .25 has its place in the world...but not in a security guard application.
    Not only that, but someone had the forethought to remove the mag from the firearm and if a round had been chambered, removed the chambered round too.

So, was this a case of total dishonesty/deceit or is he trying to convince the whole world that he is so extremely incompetent, that he works as a licensed Armed Security Officer without actually being armed?

Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Banned
    Yeah, because that gun couldn't possibly be a backup gun.

It must have been the only firearm he carried on the job because it was the one he inadvertently left in his briefcase.

/sarcasm

If conclusion jumping were an Olympic event, we'd have some world-record holding gold medalists here!

Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don
    So, was this a case of total dishonesty/deceit or is he trying to convince the whole world that he is so extremely incompetent, that he works as a licensed Armed Security Officer without actually being armed?
    Yeah, because that gun couldn't possibly be a backup gun.

It must have been the only firearm he carried on the job because it was the one he inadvertently left in his briefcase.

/sarcasm

If conclusion jumping were an Olympic event, we'd have some world-record holding gold medalists here!
    conclusion jumping?

Or was it, attempting to question the only logical conclusions possible, based upon his own lame explanations?
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Trotter

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If he is going to or from his job as a Senator then he cannot be charged or stopped.
    Possibly true - I have no info on that. Thank you.

However, according to this story:

"Trotter told investigators that he worked the late shift for security for Allpoints Security and Detective Inc. the night before and didnít realize the weapon and bullets were in his bag when he packed for his trip."

-http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-durbin-says-donne-trotter-shouldn-t-get-special-treatment-for-gun-charge?cid=rss

ABC news is investigating the 'job' that the good Senator holds at the security company:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...eam&id=8912975

IL senator-ships must not pay all that well if you need a second job...

Banned

Silver medal.

ONLY possible conclusion?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Founder's Club Member
    I am sure there are plenty of unarmed security jobs out there if he's all that opposed to guns.

Also, his carry at any time is hypocritical, even if job-related. By carrying a gun, even a job-related gun, he just proved he knows there are dangerous elements loose in society from which people need to protect themselves.

-------------------

An anti-gun legislator is definitely suspect. Anybody who disarms his fellow man has too little decency and regard for his fellows. I wonder whether there is corruption here. A number of Mayors Against Illegal Guns have been busted for corruption.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    SNIP ABC news is investigating the 'job' that the good Senator holds at the security company:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...eam&id=8912975

IL senator-ships must not pay all that well if you need a second job...
    I wonder if the job is just a name on a roster so he can have a reason to carry a gun.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Smile trotter

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I wonder if the job is just a name on a roster so he can have a reason to carry a gun.

Ya THINK?

:-)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    That probably is the most likely scenario.

Possibly a company he helped with some favors.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Silver medal.

ONLY possible conclusion?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>
    LOL I gave more than one possibility that 380Lady and I see as being logical from his explanation.

That is a possibility, not a conclusion one would normally come to listening to him, but it is a possibility.

Even if convicted and jailed, he'll STILL get reelected!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast