• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Legislator Arrested...For Having Gun at Airport!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP That probably is the most likely scenario.

(chuckle)

I wonder what other jobs he has?

A freezer full of cash? "I'm an employee for a check cashing firm."

A couple lids of blow? "I'm a pharmacuetical rep."

Mob connections? "I work for a furniture moving company."

I hope the rest of the vultures in Chicago turn on him and start investigating. I'm betting there is more to the story.

Logan 5

$25,000 bond? WTF? If it was any of us we'd be looking at $250,000 bond. Shows the corruption. This guys' getting coddled like a little boy.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/1...ns/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is the juicy part:

Trotter has been in the Illinois Assembly for 24 years. But while the company he claims employs him as a security guard, All Points Security and Detective Company, lists him as an employee, he never disclosed this employment on any of his campaign finance records. He is not answering questions about the second job. Neither is All Points.

Things that make you go "Hmmm", no? Could the security guard gig be used to get around the fact that there is no legal carry for "ordinary" citizens in Illinois?

stay safe.

LkWd_Don

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/1...ns/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is the juicy part:

Things that make you go "Hmmm", no? Could the security guard gig be used to get around the fact that there is no legal carry for "ordinary" citizens in Illinois?

stay safe.

At least till today! If you have not heard yet, A federal Court Judge just ruled the law restricting Illinois citizens from carrying a firearm outside their homes Unconstitutional.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57558601/federal-court-overturns-illinois-concealed-weapon-ban/

LkWd_Don

I can see Illinois trying to appeal the decision to the SCOTUS. That will drag it out as well.

Knowing how the SCOTUS has been ruling, I do not see Illinois getting anywhere with that, so they should just comply with what was handed down by the 7th.