• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Times Article: Concealed Carry Observations - Anyone read this?

aa1911

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this article for those that get/read Shooting Times. It's in this month's issue (Feb) on page 54. I read it last night and thought his take was a bit off... but I don't have to tell anyone on here!

He talks about being in the waffle house and seeing the two guys come in and notice him as a potential 'gun guy' and so then they leave. EXACTLY, you just made my point against your own argument.

While there are places where remaining concealed 100% may be the only legal option and it's certainly an interesting topic, it just seems the article/author was implying that open carry or 'printing' concealed carry was going to get you shot in the head or something. Uh... or, just as you witnessed, you might turn some hooligans away from robbing the joint.

I looked on Shooting Times website but it's not up yet, I will keep looking, it should get posted soon.

Anyway, my thoughts. Yours?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Been addressed here many times before - it just doesn't happen that way.

Show me one (1) documented, with cite, evidence of an OCer ever being preemptively taken out by a BG anywhere in these United States in modern times. LEOs, security officer and military excluded.

Might it happen one day? Likely will, but when it does the resultant ratio to non-events will resemble the decimal equivalent to .000001% or less.

What advantage does CC offer in the avoidance of being attacked? While CCing you look like the typical soft target, victim waiting for a place to happen.

eye95

Was that the Waffle House in Kennesaw, Georgia? Nice to see one of our favorite occurrences making it into some broader media.

aa1911

criminals seem to be cowards more likely than not. Even if they're not, would anyone really want to try and attack someone who's visibly armed? hell no!

plenty of unarmed people to mess with.

like someone else said on here not long ago that made me laugh;

"hard to keep membership here on the forum with all the OCer's getting shot in the head by badguys!"

ha!