Thread: James Yeager is a Coward?

James Yeager is a Coward?

No idea if he is a coward or not, but he certainly is juvenile to be making threats to "kids in their mom's basements" on his youtube page.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

He may or may not be a coward, or the bravest man alive, but he sure is stupid.

"Ya gotta be tough to be dumb" not sure who the original author is.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Starting with the 3rd post you can read the official record of what happened.

I am not concerned with determining if he is or is not a coward. I knew severaol of them that performed to exceptional levels in combat. One avowed coward I knew was awarded the Silver Star. Somebody sort of famous said something to the effect that courage is staying and doing what needs to be done in spite of being afraid.

The issue is that he failed to follow training and tactical protocols. It started before the convoy even came under fire. Once you start down a road you reach the point that you either cannot or will not turn around. Yeager was not the only one who got the convoy into the predicament.

Seeing his YouTubes and reading over his web site I would not choose to train with him as his goals do not mesh with mine. I also have concerns about the techniques he uses to train. That does not mean he is a bad trainer - just that I do not believe he is the trainer for me.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Re: James Yeager is a Coward?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Starting with the 3rd post you can read the official record of what happened.

I am not concerned with determining if he is or is not a coward. I knew severaol of them that performed to exceptional levels in combat. One avowed coward I knew was awarded the Silver Star. Somebody sort of famous said something to the effect that courage is staying and doing what needs to be done in spite of being afraid.

The issue is that he failed to follow training and tactical protocols. It started before the convoy even came under fire. Once you start down a road you reach the point that you either cannot or will not turn around. Yeager was not the only one who got the convoy into the predicament.

Seeing his YouTubes and reading over his web site I would not choose to train with him as his goals do not mesh with mine. I also have concerns about the techniques he uses to train. That does not mean he is a bad trainer - just that I do not believe he is the trainer for me.

stay safe.
    This sums up my opinion pretty well.

As for the incident, mistakes happen, that is how we learn. I don't know what was in his mind at the time. My problem with him is he spends a lot of time bashing almost everybody and everything, and then he is surprised when the chickens come home to roost.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump