Thread: Doomsday Preppers?

Doomsday Preppers?

So I finally actually saw an episode of "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo this morning. So in this episode they had some reclusive Texan and his family all holed in their little house on top of an aquefer called "The Alamo" (what a great name, considering in that battle the defenders lost, but I digress) so the one scene that caused me to stop watching, all this man's kids, including the 6 year old have AR-15s and he drills them on intruder scenarios, so he has an unannounced drill in which three officers from the local sheriff's office (in full uniform and everything) just randomly show up and take the parents hostage while the kids are training *presumably* loaded rifles at the sheriff's officers. of course the whole thing may have been staged for TV, but the fact that they do drills in that manner alarms me, It sends the message that play with live firearms is acceptable

and of course on every episode the prepper talks way too damn much about themselves and provides a step-by on how to bypass their security.

OPSEC people, OPSEC
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

You think it might have been staged.

There is nothing on these shows that isn't staged.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

This season's episodes seem more... I don't know what words I'm thinking of. "Eccentric" and "less entertaining" come to mind. In enjoyed plenty of previous seasons' episodes, but so far this season not so much.

I thought for sure you were going to mention the guy shooting "his new muzzle-break AR" so close to the other guy, and the other guy getting so mad he kicked him out of their prepper partnership after working together for years.

Or maybe I'm thinking of a different episode. I think that's the one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So I finally actually saw an episode of "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo this morning. So in this episode they had some reclusive Texan and his family all holed in their little house on top of an aquefer called "The Alamo" (what a great name, considering in that battle the defenders lost, but I digress) so the one scene that caused me to stop watching, all this man's kids, including the 6 year old have AR-15s and he drills them on intruder scenarios, so he has an unannounced drill in which three officers from the local sheriff's office (in full uniform and everything) just randomly show up and take the parents hostage while the kids are training *presumably* loaded rifles at the sheriff's officers. of course the whole thing may have been staged for TV, but the fact that they do drills in that manner alarms me, It sends the message that play with live firearms is acceptable

and of course on every episode the prepper talks way too damn much about themselves and provides a step-by on how to bypass their security.

OPSEC people, OPSEC
    Or, it means that a father is serious about firearms and wants his kids to know and understand that real guns are not toys.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That training is a requirement of the Texas Preppers union.

So I guess you will be OK with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    That training is a requirement of the Texas Preppers union.

So I guess you will be OK with it now.
    considering most unions that I'm aware are big on safety, I doubt it would be that case......

What local were these preppers a member of? maybe their safety representive might need to talk to them....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    You think it might have been staged..............
    No, it is not staged. It is just as real as those wrestling shows.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

"Safety" minded unions attack a black man call him ni**er ,uncle tom , destroy his hot dog stand.
    http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/214522.php
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    "Safety" minded unions attack a black man call him ni**er ,uncle tom , destroy his hot dog stand.
    http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/214522.php
    oh yes, all of us union members were in on that, for sure, all 14.8 million of us drew that plan out very carefully... pretty well done, I say that hot dog cart is taken care of, now what can all of us evil people who move in symbiosis with each other and agree with every move we all do try next?

NRA Member

Eh, I just watch the show for laughs.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    oh yes, all of us union members were in on that, for sure, all 14.8 million of us drew that plan out very carefully... pretty well done, I say that hot dog cart is taken care of, now what can all of us evil people who move in symbiosis with each other and agree with every move we all do try next?
    Thanks for admitting the obvious. The Interwebs (Twitter/Facebook) is a powerful tool for organizing thuggery. I have no idea what union thugs have planned next. But, if there is a display of individual libery I am fairly confident that union thugs will be present to quash that display.

Unions are a money laundering scheme for the democrat party.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Unions are a money laundering scheme for the democrat party.
    and other organized criminal enterprises.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)