• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doomsday Preppers?

EMNofSeattle

So I finally actually saw an episode of "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo this morning. So in this episode they had some reclusive Texan and his family all holed in their little house on top of an aquefer called "The Alamo" (what a great name, considering in that battle the defenders lost, but I digress) so the one scene that caused me to stop watching, all this man's kids, including the 6 year old have AR-15s and he drills them on intruder scenarios, so he has an unannounced drill in which three officers from the local sheriff's office (in full uniform and everything) just randomly show up and take the parents hostage while the kids are training *presumably* loaded rifles at the sheriff's officers. of course the whole thing may have been staged for TV, but the fact that they do drills in that manner alarms me, It sends the message that play with live firearms is acceptable

and of course on every episode the prepper talks way too damn much about themselves and provides a step-by on how to bypass their security.

OPSEC people, OPSEC

DangerClose

This season's episodes seem more... I don't know what words I'm thinking of. "Eccentric" and "less entertaining" come to mind. In enjoyed plenty of previous seasons' episodes, but so far this season not so much.

I thought for sure you were going to mention the guy shooting "his new muzzle-break AR" so close to the other guy, and the other guy getting so mad he kicked him out of their prepper partnership after working together for years.

Or maybe I'm thinking of a different episode. I think that's the one, though.

OC for ME

So I finally actually saw an episode of "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo this morning. So in this episode they had some reclusive Texan and his family all holed in their little house on top of an aquefer called "The Alamo" (what a great name, considering in that battle the defenders lost, but I digress) so the one scene that caused me to stop watching, all this man's kids, including the 6 year old have AR-15s and he drills them on intruder scenarios, so he has an unannounced drill in which three officers from the local sheriff's office (in full uniform and everything) just randomly show up and take the parents hostage while the kids are training *presumably* loaded rifles at the sheriff's officers. of course the whole thing may have been staged for TV, but the fact that they do drills in that manner alarms me, It sends the message that play with live firearms is acceptable

and of course on every episode the prepper talks way too damn much about themselves and provides a step-by on how to bypass their security.

OPSEC people, OPSEC
Or, it means that a father is serious about firearms and wants his kids to know and understand that real guns are not toys.

Lasjayhawk

That training is a requirement of the Texas Preppers union.

So I guess you will be OK with it now. :banana:

EMNofSeattle

"Safety" minded unions attack a black man call him ni**er ,uncle tom , destroy his hot dog stand.
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/214522.php

oh yes, all of us union members were in on that, for sure, all 14.8 million of us drew that plan out very carefully... pretty well done, I say that hot dog cart is taken care of, now what can all of us evil people who move in symbiosis with each other and agree with every move we all do try next?

OC for ME

oh yes, all of us union members were in on that, for sure, all 14.8 million of us drew that plan out very carefully... pretty well done, I say that hot dog cart is taken care of, now what can all of us evil people who move in symbiosis with each other and agree with every move we all do try next?
Thanks for admitting the obvious. The Interwebs (Twitter/Facebook) is a powerful tool for organizing thuggery. I have no idea what union thugs have planned next. But, if there is a display of individual libery I am fairly confident that union thugs will be present to quash that display.

Unions are a money laundering scheme for the democrat party.