• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Delaware

Brad410

How's everyone doing ? I am a Maryland resident and was wondering if I had to be a Delaware resident to open carry or have a loaded handgun in the vehicle and what the rules would be if so? Thank you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Local ordinances may present problems to the unwary.

Delaware is an open carry state. Those doing so should be aware that any local ordinances that were in effect at the time that preemption was passed (July 4, 1985) are still in effect and are NOT preempted.

Example:
Dover Non-Preempted Ordinance: The City of Dover has a local ordinance which falls outside of the scope of preemption which requires a permit to open or conceal carry. http://deloc.org/

Last edited: