• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can there be a perfect gun bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I'm only going to say this once. If ANYONE has a problem with ANY moderator, take it up in PMs with the ADMIN. Do not go around posting stuff in the public forums.

If you have a problem with any one else, take it up with them via PM or email, not in the public forums.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Adams182

Page 69 (10) of SB59 states "An individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol,or who is exempt from licensure under section 12A(1)(h), shall not intentionally display or openly carry a pistol on the premises listed in subsection(1)(A) to (H) unless the individual owns the premises discribed in subsection (1),if the possession of the firearm is to provide security services for the premises or is otherwise in the scope of the individual's official duties,or the individual is acting with the express written consent of the owner of the premises or an agent of the owner of the premises.
(11) An individual who violates this section is responsible for a state civil infraction or guilty of a crime as follows- - - .
This is where the bill specifically makes open carry illegal in GFZ's,where MCL 750.237(a) exempts CPL holders who OC in GFZ's!
I hope this site clears up any confusion on this bill specifically making OC illegal in MCL for the first time in MI history!CARRY ON!

750.237? the one about liquor and controlled substance?
750.237 Liquor or controlled substance; possession or use of firearm by person under influence; violation; penalty; chemical analysis.

I think you ment 750.234d but I still fail to see where .234d is relivent with anything to do with SB-59. Either way I believe mr. stilly was looking for a cite where it was stated one could OC in a PFZ with permission if SB-59 passes, which has been provided above or in a different thread.

SpringerXDacp

750.237? the one about liquor and controlled substance?
750.237 Liquor or controlled substance; possession or use of firearm by person under influence; violation; penalty; chemical analysis.

I think you ment 750.234d but I still fail to see where .234d is relivent with anything to do with SB-59. Either way I believe mr. stilly was looking for a cite where it was stated one could OC in a PFZ with permission if SB-59 passes, which has been provided above or in a different thread.

He means 750.237a, not 750.237(a).

750.237a exempts:

(c) An individual licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

However, 28.425o, prohibits CC. Hence: Where the OC with CPL is legal at a school comes from ("Loophole").

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ba...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-237a

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Another Mike Stillwater induced trainwreck

Thread closed- train wreck induced by an individual who hasn't read the bill, but certainly has an opinion.

Mike, feel free to start another thread when you've actually READ the bill. Until then, your trolling is coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.