Thread: KRS 237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired EVER

KRS 237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired EVER

Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

(a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;
    (b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;
    (c) Violating KRS 527.020;
    (d) In possession of a stolen firearm;
    (e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or
    (f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.
    Effective: July 12, 2006
    History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006
    Last edited by snoop; 12-09-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Activist Member
    May I ask what your intent is with this post of KRS 237.104?
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Hello, I really don't understand the question.

My reason for posting it is for informational purposes .

It's Kentucky law, just saying.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    Hello, I really don't understand the question.

My reason for posting it is for informational purposes .

It's Kentucky law, just saying.
    I am aware of that as is most everyone else that visits this forum. Have you noticed the thread at the very top of the Kentucky page? This and every other KRS relevant to firearms are posted in that thread.

My question was simple: I wanted to know your intent for the post. Like if someone had asked you to make a thread that simply had a statute and no dialogue.

I was not being rude -- just curious.

Since it was simply for informational purposes I would suggest you read the thread at the top of the Kentucky forum before making new threads with Kentucky statutes pertaining to firearms.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 12-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Yea, right ok.

KRS 237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired EVER

Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.
    Last edited by snoop; 12-09-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Useless post, or post count inflation? You decide!
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Useless post, or post count inflation? You decide!
    Me? You would really intrust that power to me? Drake, I am touched.

Do I have to decide now or can I do it later?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Well, maybe some inflation is called for. Notice the OP only has 4 posts and 2 of them are in this thread.
    That and the fact of their handle would lead one to at least question or inquire as to their intentions in their query. Everyone knows exactly what this law means, why it's there and why it came about.

GOD Love Kentucky! :-)
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    Yea, right ok.

I would suggest that you attempt to act like you have a little maturity about you. Why would you re-post the same information when I just informed you that it is already located in the Kentucky Sub-Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I would suggest that you attempt to act like you have a little maturity about you. Why would you re-post the same information when I just informed you that it is already located in the Kentucky Sub-Forum?
    And why did you re-re-post it ? Just kidding

Excuse me for posting, I guess I could have searched archived post or something but just posted a topic.

Whats a forum for ?

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    That and the fact of their handle would lead one to at least question or inquire as to their intentions in their query. Everyone knows exactly what this law means, why it's there and why it came about.

GOD Love Kentucky! :-)
    The "handle" was a hound dog...snoop.