• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KRS 237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired EVER

snoop

Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

(a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;
(b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;
(c) Violating KRS 527.020;
(d) In possession of a stolen firearm;
(e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or
(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.
Effective: July 12, 2006
History: Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006

Last edited:

snoop

Hello, I really don't understand the question.

My reason for posting it is for informational purposes .

It's Kentucky law, just saying.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Hello, I really don't understand the question.

My reason for posting it is for informational purposes .

It's Kentucky law, just saying.

I am aware of that as is most everyone else that visits this forum. Have you noticed the thread at the very top of the Kentucky page? This and every other KRS relevant to firearms are posted in that thread.

My question was simple: I wanted to know your intent for the post. Like if someone had asked you to make a thread that simply had a statute and no dialogue.

I was not being rude -- just curious.

Since it was simply for informational purposes I would suggest you read the thread at the top of the Kentucky forum before making new threads with Kentucky statutes pertaining to firearms.

Last edited:

snoop

Yea, right ok.

KRS 237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired EVER

Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

(1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

(2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

(f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Well, maybe some inflation is called for. Notice the OP only has 4 posts and 2 of them are in this thread.

That and the fact of their handle would lead one to at least question or inquire as to their intentions in their query. Everyone knows exactly what this law means, why it's there and why it came about.

GOD Love Kentucky! :)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yea, right ok.

I would suggest that you attempt to act like you have a little maturity about you. Why would you re-post the same information when I just informed you that it is already located in the Kentucky Sub-Forum?

snoop

I would suggest that you attempt to act like you have a little maturity about you. Why would you re-post the same information when I just informed you that it is already located in the Kentucky Sub-Forum?

And why did you re-re-post it ? Just kidding :lol:

Excuse me for posting, I guess I could have searched archived post or something but just posted a topic.

Whats a forum for ?

snoop

That and the fact of their handle would lead one to at least question or inquire as to their intentions in their query. Everyone knows exactly what this law means, why it's there and why it came about.

GOD Love Kentucky! :)

The "handle" was a hound dog...snoop.