• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Open Carry Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

Welcome.

You will find this site is dedicated to the open carry of handguns. Long gun OC is not eschewed, but discussion of it on the forums is.

You may want to check out the California subforum. Specifics of California law are best discussed there.

Again, welcome.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Due to the fact that only long gun carry is "allowed", I believe LG carry is acceptable here. I may be incorrect as I sleep often and forget a great deal.

T

Travis Blunt

I thank you for moving this to the correct forum. I hope someone can shed some light for me :)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Due to the fact that only long gun carry is "allowed", I believe LG carry is acceptable here. I may be incorrect as I sleep often and forget a great deal.

Yes, LGOC discussion is allowed in sub-forum where LGOC is the only legal option.

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Travis Blunt, welcome to OCDO! Stck around and you will learn a lot. As a one time resident of CA, I am saddened by the direction California has gone in the last few years. Hope someone knows the answer to your question, cause those CA laws sure are confusing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.