• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pizza and guns

nokie410

just thought i would post on here to let you all know that the larosas in florence dosent allow any weapons in their store unless an on duty leo.. we went up there to eat in, on Tuesday night for the spaghetti. walking though the door i seen the gun-buster sign. told my girlfriend no more larosas pizza or spaghetti for us..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have you tried talking to them nicely and politely?

Education is what we do best.

nokie410

my email....Comments: I just wanted to let you know that i will not be eating at your establishment anymore. My girlfriend had decided to take me out to dinner to celebrate veterans day. Upon entering your store i see a sign that says no guns allowed unless you are an policeman on duty. I served in the military so you can have the freedom to put up whatever sign you want, but you wont let me exercise my right to legally carry a weapon. I hope to hear that you change your mind about this sign, as would be criminals wont care about reading it, as do law abiding citizens. Thanks for your time.

their response...Thank you for taking the time to contact us today. Hearing and acting on what our Guests tell us is the only way that we can improve what we do. I'm very sorry about your disappointment in the weapon policy at our Florence Pizzeria. I am forwarding your comments to the Management Team at Florence as well as our Guest Satisfaction Team for review. If you have any questions or if there is anything else that we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks for the privilege of serving you,

R.J.
Guest Satisfaction Supervisor
LaRosa's, Inc.

MKEgal

1) polite, calm, well-reasoned, proofread letter or email to the merchant in question
2) add them to Friend or Foe
3) tell your friends

Suggestion - don't use the word "weapon". "Gun" isn't too great either, but it's better than "weapon". Say pistol, firearm, personal protection device... anything that's not so emotionally charged. Weapons are meant to harm people. This is a hard habit for ex-military to break.
Try something like "why won't you let me exercise my right to self-protection?".
Who can argue with protection & self-responsibility?

Brian D.

That chain is generally very firearms friendly. In fact one or more folks at the very top of the company--for the sake of discretion I'll not mention exactly who--have CHL's and carry. So it would be advisable to follow up with this higher on the corporate ladder. I wonder what caused this location to hang up such signage?

Brian D.

I stopped there today and sure enough the sign forbids carry by all except "On duty law enforcement, and authorized security personnel". I handed the manager du jour an Ohio-based "No Guns = No Money" card and had a very brief conversation. My angle was that those signs only cause a certain percentage of people to shop elsewhere, and they never seem to cause anybody to spend money there who otherwise wouldn't. As I explained that can only be seen as a net loss.

He was cordial but I don't think he was THE manager of the place. He promised to pass the card up the chain.

So nokie there's now been at least two of us who've made some sort of contact. If I lived on the western side of Cincinnati I'd make a visit to corporate. What I will do is check the La Rosa's nearest my house to see if these signs are popping up elsewhere.

nokie410

thanks for stopping in there too brian. maybe they will change their minds and i can have some pizza and spaghetti.