• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago interrogations being investigatesd? I wonder why...

davidmcbeth

Banned
In a written statement on Friday, Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said “I have zero tolerance for misconduct, and the cases being referenced occurred nearly two decades ago and do not reflect the present day actions of the men and women of the Chicago Police Department.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12...probing-chicago-police-interrogation-tactics/

Doesn't Chicago issue out this same statement every 20 years?

Deanimator

For a long time, systematic torture (and not the pansy Abu Ghraib kind, but the real Klaus Barbie deal) was SOP in the Chicago Police Department. NOBODY was EVER prosecuted for the actual torture, but the ringleader, Jon Burge, was recently convicted and sent to Federal prison for perjury in a civil trial over the torture.

What I find supremely ironic (but hardly surprising) is that Comrade Urkel (Obama) exchanged endorsements with former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley. Daley was Cook County State's Attorney at the height of the torture activity, and profited directly from FALSE confessions extracted under torture.

Interesting isn't it that Urkel would condemn "torture" of foreign terrorists captured overseas, but NOT that of U.S. citizens which took place in the continental United States, not ONE of whom could have passed the well known "paper bag" test. Apparently to Urkel, torture is bad... unless it benefits somebody whose endorsement he needs.