Thread: Its the Benny Hill show ... har -- cops left guy in unlocked squad/keys in it ..

earth's crust

Its the Benny Hill show ... har -- cops left guy in unlocked squad/keys in it ..

“He was able to roll down the back window,” said Lieutenant J.P. Bevering. “He’s a very skinny individual and was able to slide out the back window.”

See the vid ...

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Heh, heh, heh.

Years ago I noticed a deputy left the car running in winter. I asked if he ever locked the keys inside by accident. He lifted a key ring with a spare. Then he told me an amusing tale.

He once arrested a fellow and put him unattended in the cruiser. With the engine running. The accused didn't drive off like the OP story. Oh, no. This one did something much more calculated to annoy--he locked all the doors. The deputy demanded he unlock one. Nope. Just a big smug smile. This was the incident that convinced the deputy to carry a spare key. I half wonder if embarrassment at having to call the lieutenant influenced the decision.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.