• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why stay in anti-gun states, hmm?

gunnieman

If you are really a gun man, why are you giving your tax dollars to tyrants?

09jisaac

If you are really a gun man, why are you giving your tax dollars to tyrants?

Family, current employment, job oppertunities and familiarity with your surroundings.

Some people just "can't" get out.

Most big cities have a large industry base and strict laws on self defense tools (most even regulate things such as tazers and pepper spray).

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yes, I think jobs and family are the two primary reasons. I just moved from VA to PA (both gun-friendly states) and making a move is a lot of effort with many many things to consider. A place to live, a new job, moving costs, selling your current house, etc. Being able to carry or have better laws just may not be worth it for some folks. Of course, one might saying the ability to defend oneself is worth the price.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This ^^ , plus some folks are not willing to give up the fight.

Which of the 57 United States are you currently living in? And are you going to claim that whatever State that is there are absolutely no infringements on the right to keep and bear arms? Or are you content to live with "a few" reasonable restrictions?

If the question to the third question is "No" then where are you planning to go to, and how many of us will you invite to your private island? (No, even if it is your private island you cannot be Ultimate Exalted Overlord. We''re going to turn it into a constitutional republic whether you like it or not.)

stay safe.

Grizz272

My favorite question when someone complains about where they live is this. There are 49 other States numerous possession and territories in this great country we live in. If you don't like it here move. Their first response is always. Family.

Freedom1Man

This ^^ , plus some folks are not willing to give up the fight.

Which of the [strike]57[/strike]60 United States are you currently living in? And are you going to claim that whatever State that is there are absolutely no infringements on the right to keep and bear arms? Or are you content to live with "a few" reasonable restrictions?

If the question to the third question is "No" then where are you planning to go to, and how many of us will you invite to your private island? (No, even if it is your private island you cannot be Ultimate Exalted Overlord. We''re going to turn it into a constitutional republic whether you like it or not.)

stay safe.

There I fixed it for you.
He had been in 57 states with one more to go Alaska and Hawaii were not going to be visited.

Deanimator

I got out of Chicago in 1986 and it was the smartest thing I've ever done.

Anti-gun states (and cities) are almost ALWAYS screwed up in lots of other ways.

Chicago:
  • insane anti-gun laws
  • increasing violent crime
  • profoundly corrupt government
  • profoundly corrupt, bigoted population
  • utterly corrupt third world militia-like police department
  • insanely high taxes

My mother periodically tried to get me to move back and I always refused. Finally SHE got sick of the place and moved out to the far suburbs. The irony is that if she'd have moved fifteen minutes farther away, she'd have been in Indiana... where she regularly goes to buy gas.

KWP

Moving to another place is really much easier than one thinks. Fact is most of us simply don't bother to do what it takes.

Fear of the unknown I guess....

It's like when someone has a lousy job and then complains about it all the time, but does nothing to change his/her situation.

Last time I checked, we're still free to go wherever we want to (at least in our parts of the world).

That being said, I really support those who decide not to move because they feel that would be like run away in order to exercise a God-given right and instead work actively to change the situation in their country/state/county. Sort of "Gun right asylum seekers"....