• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL Prepares for War...what will you do?

detroit_fan

What everyone should do is attend their library board meeting and express your displeasure at this attempt to waste even more money to curtail a person's right. But then again, according to some here, since you aren't actually on a board and have chosen to do other things, you shouldn't be complaining. Or, even better, if they can just ban OC and not touch CC, we should be OK with this.

i've come expect more from you than that, you know that's not what people have said.

scot623

What everyone should do is attend their library board meeting and express your displeasure at this attempt to waste even more money to curtail a person's right. But then again, according to some here, since you aren't actually on a board and have chosen to do other things, you shouldn't be complaining. Or, even better, if they can just ban OC and not touch CC, we should be OK with this.

I knew someone who had butt-hurt over MOC supporting SB-59 would say something to that effect in this thread. Just surprised it's you.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I knew someone who had butt-hurt over MOC supporting SB-59 would same something to that effect in this thread. Just surprised it's you.

And I just knew that someone "butt hurt" over being questioned about their support for sb 59, despite it being poor legislation no matter how it is looked at, would try to claim I somehow take this argument personally. I'm not "hurt", just question how an organization that purports to support OC....doesn't...due to some claimed expediency. And, when people actually try to ask a very simple question, they are subjected to personal aspersions post after post. Then, only after attacking people personally do we begin to see the thought process involved. The fact remains that any organization which supports restricting OC, and then asks people to question other organizations when those organizations limit OC could be seen as hypocritical.
But, if the posting on MCRGO is any indication of what's to come in regards to MI gun law, discussing this with the respective library boards will most likely be moot: they will just post signs as could, and most likely will, be allowed under state law. I think major OC organizations supporting sb 59 paved the way for this.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I knew someone who had butt-hurt over MOC supporting SB-59 would say something to that effect in this thread. Just surprised it's you.

And I just knew that someone "butt hurt" over being questioned about their support for sb 59, despite it being poor legislation no matter how it is looked at, would try to claim I somehow take this argument personally. I'm not "hurt", just question how an organization that purports to support OC....doesn't...due to some claimed expediency. And, when people actually try to ask a very simple question, they are subjected to personal aspersions post after post. Then, only after attacking people personally do we begin to see the thought process involved. The fact remains that any organization which supports restricting OC, and then asks people to question other organizations when those organizations limit OC could be seen as hypocritical.
But, if the posting on MCRGO is any indication of what's to come in regards to MI gun law, discussing this with the respective library boards will most likely be moot: they will just post signs as could, and most likely will, be allowed under state law. I think major OC organizations supporting sb 59 paved the way for this.

And here comes yet another locked thread:eek: Someone here had the idea of moving to less used state forums. I would invite you guys to slug it out in the AZ forum, but I can't do that to my new friends...:cry:

DrTodd has always been a constant voice of reason in the MI forum. Can we please be civil. I know this is a heated subject and I too have gotten caught up in the heat of debate. We can do better people. :D

TheQ

And here comes yet another locked thread:eek: Someone here had the idea of moving to less used state forums. I would invite you guys to slug it out in the AZ forum, but I can't do that to my new friends...:cry:

DrTodd has always been a constant voice of reason in the MI forum. Can we please be civil. I know this is a heated subject and I too have gotten caught up in the heat of debate. We can do better people. :D

I have a better idea. I just posted this on my Facebook:
Open Carry friends of mine:

You may have noticed I have stopped posting on OpenCarry.org's Michigan Forum.

It's my very PERSONAL opinion that this forum has degenerated into nothing but a cesspool of hostility. My life is kept pretty busy with many things. I feel that posting to OpenCarry.org gives me no enjoyment and only contributes to heartache.

If the atmosphere of OpenCarry.org changes, you may see me re-appear. Until then....

You can always get in touch with me on Facebook, MOC's Forums (http://forums.miopencarry.org/), and MOC's Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/392485220789434/

Be well! :)

It's been 3 or 4 days since I've stopped posting here. I have to admit, my life is already more peaceful and filled with less anxiety. I have been sitting back and reading, but I feel a freedom in knowing no matter what is said, I don't have to respond -- at all and I probably won't.

Some people need to just walk away, I fully admit I was/am one of them and I have.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

It's been 3 or 4 days since I've stopped posting here. I have to admit, my life is already more peaceful and filled with less anxiety. I have been sitting back and reading, but I feel a freedom in knowing no matter what is said, I don't have to respond -- at all and I probably won't.

Some people need to just walk away, I fully admit I was/am one of them and I have.

Q - your post is taken from me well & I hope we all (myself included) learn and grow from this experience. We may not always agree but we are all in the same boat together, like it or not. The last thing we need to do is to shoot holes in the bottom of the boat to prove "our" course/way is the best direction. Doing so only insures that we all go in one direction and that is to the bottom together. :shocker:

kubel

Bonus Points.

Last edited:

Raggs

Havent we heard this before, and before that, and before that.....

Raggs

What state doesn't have Open Carry?

HKcarrier

But then again, according to some here, since you aren't actually on a board and have chosen to do other things, you shouldn't be complaining.

I am sure that if you go look through the locked threads you will find the if you aren't a member you have no say. I think you yourself have said it in fact.

Nice straw man guys. No one EVER said "you have to be on the board and if you're not then shut the hell up and stop complaining".

I wouldn't have expected something like that from Dr.Todd. :eek:

Interesting how perception becomes reality to certain people...

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
What state doesn't have Open Carry?

Define your terms... I believe even Illinois allows people to handgun hunt with a holstered handgun at certain locations. I think Hawaii does too. Florida allows OC under certain conditions, as do pretty much all the states. DC doesn't, but is not a state.

NY requires you to have one of their "state issued" licenses to possess a handgun while in the state... or a few more limited exceptions... but generally follows the federal law regarding transportation. But, to actually carry a pistol openly in a holster, I think while hunting may be allowed for license holders.

NYC, no unregistered pistols allowed...(I think) but they are a "city", not the whole state.