• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silly question about bathroom use while carrying?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Pic as promised.....

photo2_zpsaadf55e6.jpg

As with many of the "out of touch" methods, fine if you don't forget it.

CCinMaine

So I see. Although...post #36 might be a little fresher than I care to read about. Eww.

Lol. Being away from home may not be the only reason you would want to use a public commode... There is sometimes business that's best done elsewhere. Hahaha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sudden valley gunner

As with many of the "out of touch" methods, fine if you don't forget it.

Yeah that wouldn't be good. I haven't and in this bathroom there was no real need for it, but I usually only do it when I am in a stall next to others, just don't like the fact that my gun is within easy grasp of a possible idiot in the next stall.

I try to avoid the public restrooms in general though. Actually prefer the job site portapotty before the other trades get there.

Steeler-gal

I rarely take my gun out of the holster and rest it on the TP dispenser or the back of the commode. I have this fear that in my absentmindeness ill walk out and leave it behind. I have done this but I avoid it. What I usually do is use the handicapped stall so I have lots of room and less likely to be seen. Even if I'm OCing I just don't desire my gun to touch the floor or been seen under the stall b someone nearby.

OK. So what I do when feel I need to take the gun out of my holster I put it into the pocket of my jacket or into an outside pocket of my purse. I feel it's less likely to fall from either spot.

Steeler-gal

I wanted to add that I don't think this is a silly question. It was won of my first questions about carrying. When I reach class it is almost always asked.

REALteach4u

You are all awesome! This thread has been hilarious and at the same time it's brought up a point that gives us all the "what the....." moment. Here's some of my experiences.

In the stall and realized my OWB pancake holster has just pulled my belt through the loops and is now on the floor. Still holstered, but on the floor. I simply rolled it into a pant leg to cover it rather than monkey with anything until it was time to get vertical.

In the stall and realized my Crossbreed had flipped over and is now upside down with the muzzle pointing up at my leg. Rolled it back down, but could not cover the grip. Guy in the next stall said, "Nice Glock. Care to talk guns for a moment?"

In the stall and had my OWB pancake holster actually come off the belt and made a loud side-flopped thud. Immediately picked up and dropped into the crotch of my trousers, not to return to the belt until it was time to get vertical.

I made the mistake a long time ago of trying the unholster and place on the dispenser. NEVER AGAIN! There's something about unholstering that loaded firearm and having the thought that it might fall off the dispenser while others slam the doors to stalls, it just screamed unsafe. My secondary epiphany on this occurred when someone did just that and the door of my stall flew open. It's also too easy to leave it behind and this has been documented in the US, isolated, but still documented.

I tend to stick to reacting to what my holster does simply because of the safety aspect of it. Your trousers are there, so you can always use them to cover. Shorts are a bit more difficult, but it can still work.

motoxmann

I unholster (or keep it holstered if it's a paddle or clip holster) and set it between my feet, gripping it with my shoes, which keeps the muzzle pointed at a downward angle and also holds it up off the floor. then drop trow, which then covers the gun.
doing this:
-its not visible
-it can't fall off anything
-you can't forget it
-it's not touching anything icky
-it's pointed in a safe direction

I do NOT suggest this method though if you plan to do any power squatting, especially if use of the handicap railings are required for said power squatting :p

361 accord

i just got my first gun, yesterday, always wanted one and just now had that kind of money to drop, especially before my rights are limited and prices hike

anyhow, i like the idea of putting it in the crotch of your britches, hidden and impossible to forget

most if not all CHL classes are booked solid for the next few months lol