• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to CA.

Sorcice

Unfortunately half of my family lives in CA and I am off to visit tues till jan 8th. Hopefully I make it back. Lol. Wish me luck. :(

1245A Defender

advice...

Unfortunately half of my family lives in CA and I am off to visit tues till jan 8th. Hopefully I make it back. Lol. Wish me luck. :(

get a "locking case",,, a gun with mags of 10 rds or less...
you can have the mags loaded in the case, with the gun unloaded!, in the case, carried with you,, most places you go!
maintain your 4th and 5th if you ever have to talk to people,, especially if they wear costumes and shiny decorations!!!!
thier is no "duty to inform" in california...

1245A Defender

well,,,

do they have a loaded chamber indicator requirement?? or is that just for residents??

they used to have 12031 E checks,,, inspect any gun completely to make ure it was unloaded..
indicators didnt matter.

4th and 5th cased carriers wont need to worry about that..
if an unloaded gun is found, in a locked case,, through whatever illegal means,,, is still a LEGAL gun!!!

Sorcice

Fresno/Yosemite area and Merced. The mountains I don't mind as much but Fresno and Merced have gotten worse and worse the last 10 years or so.

JJC

get a "locking case",,, a gun with mags of 10 rds or less...
you can have the mags loaded in the case, with the gun unloaded!, in the case, carried with you,, most places you go!
maintain your 4th and 5th if you ever have to talk to people,, especially if they wear costumes and shiny decorations!!!!
thier is no "duty to inform" in california...

I thought I read that in California the Mags were not allowed to be loaded?

JJC

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I thought I read that in California the Mags were not allowed to be loaded?

JJC
I dont think so...

Correct. Unloaded only. Unless you have a permission slip to conceal.
Again, I dont think so...
Even when Unloaded Open Cary was legal,,, Loaded mags could be carried, so long as they were OPEN...

Fresno/Yosemite area and Merced. The mountains I don't mind as much but Fresno and Merced have gotten worse and worse the last 10 years or so.

These questions should be directed to the California forum for the best quidance.
If you are in a rural county with less than 200,000 pop. ad no local discharge restrictions,,,
you MAY actually be able to Loaded Open Carry!

Sorcice

Again, I dont think so...
Even when Unloaded Open Cary was legal,,, Loaded mags could be carried, so long as they were OPEN...

What he meant if I read it correctly was loaded mags as in inside the mag well. Not bullets in the mag itself. Sorry for confusion.