It is amazing how the second a person, or person's, doesn't like, (where a opinion it is going the mod's lock it up)
How come ?
As long as it is a bebate,
no name calling,
not threating each other,
statements, opinions or feeling have a place here,
Oh & let's not forget PM's that are done on the side,
saying things that are unexceptable anywhere,to get back at other's, becouse they don't like their opinion.
Everything you say or type , Can & will be used against you,.
"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
"...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
Boiledfrogs, you may or may not be right & you are intitled to your opionions, (SEE BELOW STATEMENT)
but I say they can do as they what, without voting on anything period.
If i am wrong one of the Mod's can chime in ( & prove me wrong)
& site, document the rules that the Mods are required to abide by.
If not then they are rule less ! HE HE !
PS love ya springer !
TO Boiledfrog I misread your post, & responded to a misread & to that i APOLOGISE I WAS WRONG ! there see i admit when i a wrong ! thanks venator for pointing out my mistake .....
Last edited by mastiff69; 12-10-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: add info
An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.
Appointing MI mods was the worst decision possible for this forum. Not to mention an obvious conflict of interest- some mods are MOC members, so when they close a thread becasue of anti-MOC talk that presents an issue imo. They have a horse in that race. Now, I actually support 59, but when you have a conflict of interest like that it is not good. Not saying they have acted in a biased way, but the potential sure is there.
Somehow all of the power has been given to a few individuals who close any thread they deem "not worthy", and that is not right. Why do a few select individuals get to determine what deserves to be discussed here? How are mods allowed to close threads that are about 2A issues? If someone breaks a rule, warn that person, and edit the post, but don't close the whole damn thread. How were these mods even selected? Why in the heck do we need so many? I'm fine with banning people who break rules, or editing their posts, but closing several threads a day is getting ridiculous and bordering on censorship.
We had a member here who would openly promote illegal activities, constantly troll and cause nothing but problems, and the owners of the site basically said "meh, report it if you don't like it". It took a huge show of disgust to get that member removed. Now, simply posting something a mod doesn't like results in closed threads. IS THERE NO MIDDLE GROUND?
Last edited by detroit_fan; 12-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.
If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent
Why did MI even get their own mods, there's several state forums far more active that don't have their own mods.
I swear almost half the threads in your forum are locked down. maybe those of you who fear mod retaliation should post your stuff in general discussion or use an unused state forum... like Rhode Island, to do your discussions.
so much locking here the whole MI sub forum may as well be locked down.
Now that this thread is being locked... i'm out.
they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me
uh Pat is not the person detroit_fan is referring too.....
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.
Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
My reasons to OC
1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
5. Because I can and want to
6. Because it's perfectly legal
7. Self defense
Last edited by WilDChilD; 12-10-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Another pointless thread, locked.
BTW, here's what I operate under.
(1) YOU OWN YOUR WORDS ONCE THEY ARE POSTED: While we will attempt to help those who have a legitimate need to remove postings they have made in haste or error, our time and ability to do so is not unlimited and there is no guarantee that such a request will be granted. Therefore, post only those comments that you have considered and are willing to take full responsibility for!
(2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.
(3) PRIVACY: We respect the privacy of our members and will NEVER sell or make available our member's email or other contact information to third-parties.
(4) RIGHT TO CONTACT: We reserve the right to contact our members via email about gun rights related initiatives. While we do offer a provision to opt-out of these mailings, we make no guarantees that such an opt-out will always be available.
(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.
(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!
(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums.
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.
(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.
(13) MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED: Signing up multiple accounts (or alts) is a tactic employed by spammers and trolls and not legitimate members. Doing so will result in the banning of all accounts involved.
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!
(17) OWNERSHIP OF POSTS: By posting on the OpenCarry.org forum, you do not surrender your ownership rights to the material you post. However, by posting any material which you possess ownership rights to on the forum, you grant an irrevocable, transferable license to the forum owners to display, edit, delete and reproduce the material as they see fit.
(18) PRIVATE MESSAGES: The content of private messages are NOT completely private in that they may be reported to the administrator should the private messaging function be used to harass or spam another user. However, the content of private messages should not be posted publicly on the forum in an attempt to embarrass or discredit another member.
(19) COLORED TEXT: The forum software allows you to change the colors of fonts. Sometimes this can make it easy to emphasize a point or to express sarcasm. However, if abused it can also make it very difficult to read posts. We reserve the right to deem a given post with colored text to be to abusive but the general rule is that color is fine for acceptable purposes such as purple for sarcasm or to highlight a given point.
(20) AGE RESTRICTION: In order to comply with the requirements of the COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we only offer membership in our forum to those who are at least 13 years of age. By using the forum, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age and those who are found to be younger than 13 will have their accounts disabled.
I've highlighted the ones that are continuously violated, and causing threads to be locked and posts to be deleted. BTW, SB59 doesn't really affect me, much. Particularly the PFZ part, so your accusations don't ring true.
'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!
'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)