Thread: SB1733 question

SB1733 question

I have a question about section 1290.15.a.5
    Does military weapons safety training constitute as qualified training?
    Second if its not we are trying to get a group of NCOs trained in the needed course but we are looking for someone to do it pro bono. We would very appreciative and with our hectic schedules here training new soldiers.
    My email is timothypaulriser@yahoo.com
    We are looking to do this after the new year
    Thankyou and all help would and will be appreciated

UPDATE: Ok I got some clarification finally about that section, so we still have to take the course but hopefully I can find someone who is willing to conduct a course for 15-20 of us and a decent price
    Last edited by SSG Riser1981; 12-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.

I can tell you that if you have a certificate of qualification, an instructor can exempt you from the shooting portion of the class, but you still must go through the rest of the class the deals with the explanation of Oklahoma law and the application process.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

OK SDA Carry class

UPDATE: Ok I got some clarification finally about that section, so we still have to take the course but hopefully I can find someone who is willing to conduct a course for 15-20 of us and a decent price

I don't have my booklet on me atm, but I believe the class portion is limited to like $35 for those who don't need the shooting portion.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Riser1981 View Post
    I have a question about section 1290.15.a.5
    Does military weapons safety training constitute as qualified training?
    Second if its not we are trying to get a group of NCOs trained in the needed course but we are looking for someone to do it pro bono. We would very appreciative and with our hectic schedules here training new soldiers.
    My email is timothypaulriser@yahoo.com
    We are looking to do this after the new year
    Thankyou and all help would and will be appreciated

I spoke to my cousin about this just today and he is interested in perhaps traveling to Fort Sill and spoke about the possibility of doing it pro bono. He does this quiet often in the Tulsa area for active service members and disabled members. He has expressed interest you can contact him at 918-406-3642.
    Last edited by Glock 1st fan; 12-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

outstanding

that is outstaning I called him and we are working out the details