• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB1733 question

SSG Riser1981

I have a question about section 1290.15.a.5
Does military weapons safety training constitute as qualified training?
Second if its not we are trying to get a group of NCOs trained in the needed course but we are looking for someone to do it pro bono. We would very appreciative and with our hectic schedules here training new soldiers.
My email is timothypaulriser@yahoo.com
We are looking to do this after the new year
Thankyou and all help would and will be appreciated

UPDATE: Ok I got some clarification finally about that section, so we still have to take the course but hopefully I can find someone who is willing to conduct a course for 15-20 of us and a decent price

Last edited:

hrdware

I can tell you that if you have a certificate of qualification, an instructor can exempt you from the shooting portion of the class, but you still must go through the rest of the class the deals with the explanation of Oklahoma law and the application process.

SSG Riser1981

OK SDA Carry class

UPDATE: Ok I got some clarification finally about that section, so we still have to take the course but hopefully I can find someone who is willing to conduct a course for 15-20 of us and a decent price

Aknazer

I don't have my booklet on me atm, but I believe the class portion is limited to like $35 for those who don't need the shooting portion.

Glock 1st fan

I have a question about section 1290.15.a.5
Does military weapons safety training constitute as qualified training?
Second if its not we are trying to get a group of NCOs trained in the needed course but we are looking for someone to do it pro bono. We would very appreciative and with our hectic schedules here training new soldiers.
My email is timothypaulriser@yahoo.com
We are looking to do this after the new year
Thankyou and all help would and will be appreciated

I spoke to my cousin about this just today and he is interested in perhaps traveling to Fort Sill and spoke about the possibility of doing it pro bono. He does this quiet often in the Tulsa area for active service members and disabled members. He has expressed interest you can contact him at 918-406-3642.

Last edited: