Thread: National Open Carry Day

National Open Carry Day

There is a movement for a "National Open Carry Day" that is July 5th.
    Asking for people to organize open carry rallies.

It's a Facebook site:
    https://www.facebook.com/NationalOpenCarryDay
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    There is a movement for a "National Open Carry Day" that is July 5th.
    Asking for people to organize open carry rallies.

It's a Facebook site:
    https://www.facebook.com/NationalOpenCarryDay
    Great idea!! I'm at work so I can't sign into Facebook, but I'll join when I get home and help spread the word.

What would be interesting is if some one in the middle of the State.. Jefferson City or Columbia would try to get a central location for National OC Day where a lot of us ecould trek too for the day.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    What would be interesting is if some one in the middle of the State.. Jefferson City or Columbia would try to get a central location for National OC Day where a lot of us ecould trek too for the day.
    I wouldn't mind helping with this. Do you think we should get some type of permit? Reservation?

R2Bear, it would depend on location. Here in Whatcom County (Washington State), we have an annual(more or less) "Whatcom County Open Carry Picnic. This is a family event that we do at a State park. The facilities are free and a group of us volunteer to set up, cook, and feed anyone that shows up. In 2012 (Bastille Day) we gave classes on firearm safety on several occasions during the picnic. We made up a few flyers and posted them around the city and on various forums. Start sending letters and get a good central location for max participation. Or set up satellite sites. Be inventive.

http://www.cob.org/services/recreati...ovan-park.aspx
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    R2Bear, it would depend on location. Here in Whatcom County (Washington State), we have an annual(more or less) "Whatcom County Open Carry Picnic. This is a family event that we do at a State park. The facilities are free and a group of us volunteer to set up, cook, and feed anyone that shows up. In 2012 (Bastille Day) we gave classes on firearm safety on several occasions during the picnic. We made up a few flyers and posted them around the city and on various forums. Start sending letters and get a good central location for max participation. Or set up satellite sites. Be inventive.

http://www.cob.org/services/recreati...ovan-park.aspx
    Thanks for the help! Do you have any suggestions on a good location? I ask because I am still fairly new to the Columbia area but I wouldn't mind helping to secure the location.