• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man brings rifle into Academy to buy ammo,sheeple panic, gets shot by police...

neimess

I shop at this store all the time; it's only about a mile from my house. I conceal carry in this store every time I go. They allow conceal carry and only ask that you check your gun if it is open carry or bring it in for "Fit" of a holster or other device, or if they are shipping the Firearm to a manufacturer. I know a few of the salesmen that work the gun counter and their conversations with me backs up what was written about what happened in the store. They heard the man be very combative with management and threaten to kill people in the store.

The local new station did a follow up story on the couple. The man had been fired a couple days prior and had sent emails to his management that he was going to kill them all. The man did not have a CCW and was carrying concealed at the time he took a shot or pointed his weapon at LEO.

BTW...I believe every one of us on the site would fire back or draw and likely fire at someone who pointed a weapon at us. I don't blame an LEO for firing at a dumbass if he is going to point his weapon or fire at the LEO..

eye95

You should not have to check an OCed gun, as long as you never intend to unholster it. That is the policy at Bass Pro Shops. It could be that the local management is misinterpreting the corporate policy. That happened at the Bass Pro Shop in Prattville until we pressed the issue.

Is is corporate policy that OCed firearms must be checked, or is it a local misinterpretation?

Anyway, I find it just as offensive that I should have to check my OCed firearm as to be told I may not carry at all. I won't shop anywhere that has either policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find it just as offensive that I should have to check my OCed firearm as to be told I may not carry at all. I won't shop anywhere that has either policy.

You used to rant at me for saying the same. Glad to see you're coming around...

:p

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm perceived by most people as being exceptionally mentally unstable; but I have no desire to go on a rampage.

This notion of "mental health screenings" has been used to the detriment of many. The shrink business is already extremely left-leaning. Let them decide who has a gun and you'll hear this: "Anyone who desires a gun is too crazy to have one." I dare you to find a shrink that DOESN'T agree to that. The UK already suffered that path. Read what happened to Patrick Luty.

Take a look at how many people in faction politics will declare their adversaries 'crazy' already. In fact, Liberalism is nothing but a collection of interdependent neuroses... Let them decide who's crazy and who's not? Then you're really putting the nut jobs in charge of the nut house...

If everyone who doesn't fit the definition of average is crazy, you better lock me up 20 years ago. I can count to potato!

Cops have falsely arrested me twice and used the funny farm to prevent it coming back on them. Any mention of owning firearms and you never get out. I had to get a court order for release both times. The "Doctors'" only argument was "But, but. but, he has guns!" Fortunately, that doesn't define me as criminally insane... Yet.

These so-called 'Doctors' are so filled with insecurity and pre-pubescent angst, they're begging and pleading to become pawns of the State. They can't wait to have power and validation. If there is anyone more sick and craving domination of others than Cops, it's these so-called 'Doctors.'

Having an IQ above room temperature has nearly been outlawed as the average IQ drops to historic lows. Not being one of those average idiots will get you locked up in no time flat.

In this story, the 'defendant' has no voice. the story will sound exactly like those who are still alive want it to sound. History is written by the victor. You'll never know what really happened.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
I'm going to side with the dead defendant on this one. The LEO's story of a pointed gun after the defendant exited sounds too made up to be true, and it sounds like a very typical LEO story to cover up a screw-up (like finding drugs "in plain view" after tearing the entire car apart). Early on in 2011, I had a fleeing and eluding case where my client was almost shot, and when we got some background for the case, the officer had literally murdered another defendant under similar circumstances, and been suspended for it.

Logic and experience tell me that this is a cop on a power trip, and that a trespasser who has already left a store is no longer a threat. Like the cop above, the cop in my client's case was placed on "paid" administrative leave before the suspension. Cops on these types of power trips are serial killers, and our tax dollars are paying for them.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm going to side with the dead defendant on this one. The LEO's story of a pointed gun after the defendant exited sounds too made up to be true, and it sounds like a very typical LEO story to cover up a screw-up (like finding drugs "in plain view" after tearing the entire car apart). Early on in 2011, I had a fleeing and eluding case where my client was almost shot, and when we got some background for the case, the officer had literally murdered another defendant under similar circumstances, and been suspended for it.

Logic and experience tell me that this is a cop on a power trip, and that a trespasser who has already left a store is no longer a threat. Like the cop above, the cop in my client's case was placed on "paid" administrative leave before the suspension. Cops on these types of power trips are serial killers, and our tax dollars are paying for them.

I'm glad somebody other than me has the insight to pick up on that...

There are so many cut-and-paste lies in Police Reports, it's jsut stupid... Most police reports are complete fiction. When they go human hunting for fun, there is no report. Just another missing person...

eye95

Based on the man's other behavior, as reported by non-LEOs, the LEO account of what he did is quite believable to anyone predisposed to evaluate the facts and not to kneejerk to one POV or the other.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Based on the man's other behavior, as reported by non-LEOs, the LEO account of what he did is quite believable to anyone predisposed to evaluate the facts and not to kneejerk to one POV or the other.

Facts? Where are the facts? We have nothing but the words of people who hate OC. If that passes for "facts" in your mind... Well, I'm not going to suppose anything further.

Experience goes a long way to identifying reality; you have none. Tell me, how many cops have hunted you for sport? How many friends have you seen executed? Living in denial won't fix your country. Mocking those who have lived through the things you refuse to believe only makes stronger the enemy you refuse to fight.

When you finally realize that its too late, remember, you were warned and you ignored it to bolster your ego on an Internet forum...

SFCRetired

No real way to verify, but the poster "Frankie" above stated that she was the deceased's niece and that he and his partner were very unstable. I also understand from posts here that he had emailed threats to his former employer.

Obviously, I do not know the whole story and none of us may ever know the whole story, but, at this point, I am willing to stay with a "not proven" verdict for either side.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
No real way to verify, but the poster "Frankie" above stated that she was the deceased's niece and that he and his partner were very unstable. I also understand from posts here that he had emailed threats to his former employer.

Obviously, I do not know the whole story and none of us may ever know the whole story, but, at this point, I am willing to stay with a "not proven" verdict for either side.

I agree, and sated at the bottom of the previous page, that we will enver know for sure... I lean the opposite direction as you for multiple reasons:

1) I know how easy it is for stupid people to label intelligent people insane and 'unstable,' and how far those stupid people will go to try causing it to come true.

2) I've experienced power-tripping LEOs to an extent you haven't... ...yet. I know how easy it is for them to get away with anything they want, especially when the witnesses share their agenda.

Last edited: