• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some people have PM'd me for tax information, here is a good view.

georg jetson

False, you have to petition to get into tax court if you WANT to go to tax court.

False, you should never have to file a refund for income taxes. The only refunds are from prepaid taxes such as the tax stamps on liquor.

You buy 1000 gallons worth of stamps, you manufacture 700 gallons of alcohol, you can then file for a refund on the remaining 300 gallons. If you do not file for that refund then it's presumed that you had in fact manufactured the full 1000 gallons.

Failure to file a contested case with the appropriate administrative court will result in any remedy sought in a judical court dismissed for "failure to exhaust administrative remedy".

Failure to use the tax court system as a remedy will most likely result in a judgement. That judgement will usually be monetary. Failure to use the tax court will deny you access to appeal. You will pay or you will have to keep everything "under the table".

georg jetson

Show me the law.

Otherwise they are the same criminals that EMN said he would punish if he was elected Sheriff.

You are correct that there is no law requiring me to give my SSN to an employer. However that's not the point. My employer requires it and there is no law forbidding them from requiring my SSN. I provide no SSN, I don't get hired. That is the trap.

Freedom1Man

You are correct that there is no law requiring me to give my SSN to an employer. However that's not the point. My employer requires it and there is no law forbidding them from requiring my SSN. I provide no SSN, I don't get hired. That is the trap.

Anti-discrimination laws for one see nation of origin.
The fact that the only legal request for the number is a form W-9 (not for citizens).
Then they would be in violation of title 18 for involuntary servitude.
There is actually a law saying that they cannot demand a SSN from you unless the law requires them to collect it. It's a privacy law. I'll have to look it up again as I have not had to look it up in a long time.
Even the misused form I-9 does not require a SSN.

georg jetson

Anti-discrimination laws for one see nation of origin.
The fact that the only legal request for the number is a form W-9 (not for citizens).
Then they would be in violation of title 18 for involuntary servitude.
There is actually a law saying that they cannot demand a SSN from you unless the law requires them to collect it. It's a privacy law. I'll have to look it up again as I have not had to look it up in a long time.
Even the misused form I-9 does not require a SSN.

I'm not interested in what forms DO NOT require. I am, however, interested in a law forbidding an employer in my state from requiring a SSN for employment. I await you findings...

moriar

E-Verify requires the use of a SSN.

Most legitimate companies are required to use E-Verify, especially if they deal in some fashion with the US Government.

Freedom1Man

I'm not interested in what forms DO NOT require. I am, however, interested in a law forbidding an employer in my state from requiring a SSN for employment. I await you findings...

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 703(a)(1), Title VII, 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-2(a)(1) makes it unlawful to discriminate against any employee or perspective employee on the bases of his or her religion. (This is in addition to the basic Constitutional First Amendment protection of the free exercise of religion.)

countryclubjoe

Why would any citizen file a 1040 form? Take the 5th and do not surrender your rights via any IRS form.

Do not enter into any contract with the taxing agent.

georg jetson

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 703(a)(1), Title VII, 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-2(a)(1) makes it unlawful to discriminate against any employee or perspective employee on the bases of his or her religion. (This is in addition to the basic Constitutional First Amendment protection of the free exercise of religion.)

This is not a law that forbids requiring a SSN by an employer.

georg jetson

Yes it is. A SSN can be forbidden by religion. Why do you want, "The Mark of The Beast," anyways?

Ok. First of all the law you posted does NOT forbid an employer from requiring a SSN. It forbids discrimination based on religion etc...

Secondly, YOU are making the leap that the possesion of a SSN may be a religious issue. Well, you may have a case. Perhaps there have been such cases decided in my state or at the fed level. I don't know of any. Do you?

Keep in mind that if you argue correctly, then I can make an argument that it's against my religion to wear long pants and therefore an employer cannot use this as a reason not to hire or fire me. The liberal application of this argument can be used to reach some absurd applications.

Freedom1Man

Ok. First of all the law you posted does NOT forbid an employer from requiring a SSN. It forbids discrimination based on religion etc...

Secondly, YOU are making the leap that the possesion of a SSN may be a religious issue. Well, you may have a case. Perhaps there have been such cases decided in my state or at the fed level. I don't know of any. Do you?

Keep in mind that if you argue correctly, then I can make an argument that it's against my religion to wear long pants and therefore an employer cannot use this as a reason not to hire or fire me. The liberal application of this argument can be used to reach some absurd applications.

Talk to me AFTER you've watch the video. The cites are there.

If you don't want to take the time to educate yourself then I don't feel like doing it for you.

georg jetson

Talk to me AFTER you've watch the video. The cites are there.

As long as I'm within forum rules I'll "talk" when I want. If the cites are there then produce them. I watched the whole dang thing and didn't see one.

If you don't want to take the time to educate yourself then I don't feel like doing it for you.

If you can't produce a law stating that an employer is forbidden from requiring a SSN, then don't assert that you can.

Freedom1Man

As long as I'm within forum rules I'll "talk" when I want. If the cites are there then produce them. I watched the whole dang thing and didn't see one.

If you can't produce a law stating that an employer is forbidden from requiring a SSN, then don't assert that you can.

Cited and you ignored it.

Better yet cite the law saying that they can. Since the only requirement for having a SSN is for OBTAINING OR RETAINING a benefit how can anyone make participation in such a thing mandatory?

I won't hire you because you won't donate 20% of you paycheck to the BSA or the GOA.

Freedom1Man

So, why is it okay to force someone to give up a % of their earnings to be hired almost everywhere?

Why do people believe it's okay to be forced to give up any % of their earnings?

So if taking 100% of someone's earnings is slavery. What is the % that is not slavery?