• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2012 Annual OC Meet and Eat - Sunday, Dec 30th

TravisNM

cmuOg.jpg

Village Inn
1741 Rio Rancho Dr SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124-1052

Sunday, December 30, 2012
5:00pm until 8:30pm

>Facebook event<

It's that time! We're heading back to Rio Rancho for our annual/end-of-year meet. I hear that this year we won't be seeing Cloudcroft's ugly mug but, if you have missed the monthly meets, there are plenty of new smiling faces with whom to shoot the ****.

My OC Meet Tips:
(feel free to add your own)

*Care how you look*
You're representing a controversial movement. Try not to fit the part of any stereotype other than "well-mannered law-abiding citizen".

*Don't touch your firearm unless you're drawing for protection*
If you want to show something off then do so without actually touching it. We don't want to give anyone (law-ignorant citizens) any further cause for alarm.

*Be polite to everyone*
You may be confronted by a person with Hoplophobia (a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons). Police may respond to a call where someone reported "hundreds of terrorists pointing their machine guns at babies and old people." Just be nice, keep your cool, and leave ad hominem attacks out of it. If you can't do that or don't feel comfortable at any time just shut up and let someone else handle it.

*Be prepared to be criticized by your OC peers*
If you misrepresent the group you might be politely asked to make an adjustment. And if you think something I'm doing is bad for the movement or group then I expect to be told.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Ugly mug? Speak for yourself, Travis...;-)

Yes, can't be there THIS time (am moving from the Big G and TX this coming May so I'm saving the $1200+ my yearly Christmas trips cost to go towards moving expenses) but plan to make your "4th Annual 2013 Rio Rancho/ABQ OC Get-Together Extravaganza" -- and the 2014 5th Annual Extravaganza as well -- since by then I should be living in Castle Rock, CO, then and will drive down (only 420 miles) to meet with you all those 2 Decembers. And I'll have an AWD car then so any snow storms won't be an issue getting from CR to RR/ABQ -- like I had trying to get from ELP to ABQ LAST year when that sudden storm struck the area and I-25 was closed from Las Cruces to ABQ for a good while -- and I was in El Paso trying to get OUT! :-(

Anyway, glad to see you FINALLY got the 2012 notice up...perhaps if you'd stop eating so much pie @ Village Inn, have 2 triple-shots of espresso like I do every morning, you'd be a bit less lethargic and get stuff done in a more timely fashion -- yes? ;-)

Have a good time, all -- at least the OTHER "Founding Member" (Damien) of this particular RR/ABQ Annual "Extravaganza" event -- meaning THE OC event of the year (!) -- will be there...although this year he has to drive a full 6 MILES (from Los Lunas), then further to Rio Rancho to make it, so give him some extra time (hours, if not days) to make that 'grueling' drive as he's coming from out-of-town! ;-)

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

P.S. Why does Flying Star NOT (from what I saw) sell Gift Cards online? I guess they are available ONLY in-person at stores?

Attachments

• 'Merry Christmas' by Scott Sharick (White Sands National Monument) 12-25-08.jpg
    'Merry Christmas' by Scott Sharick (White Sands National Monument) 12-25-08.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Travis (since you are "hosting" this event)...

I was just over in the Colorado area and read what they are going to talk about during their (December 22nd) OC get-together event in Colorado Springs.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?109219-Colorado-Springs-Meet-and-Greet!-12-22

I was thinking that since CO and NM are neighbors, and residents in those 2 states have things in common besides a border (like CO and NM being both OC & CC states), I thought it might be a good idea that for THIS particular Annual Extravaganza event, as part of your "agenda" (so to speak), you will spend part of the time you all are together to discuss the same issue your "OC bros" in CO will.

...just a suggestion. :)

BTW, I still am havng trouble with the site (besides sometimes being CRAWLING slow, waiting for pages to load), and half the time get that same error message (see attached screen-capture of the message)

Attachments

• Website Currently Unavailable 12-18-12.jpg
    Website Currently Unavailable 12-18-12.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Holey 1

Making time for this one

Sounds like fun.
We missed a few but,
we're gonna make time for this one. :monkey

See you all there.

Holey 1

Yes free repairs

I just got a phone call asking If I'm giving out certificates for free gunsmithing.
Yes I will be handing those out again.
For participant of the 2012 annual Meet n Eat.
Free labor only. Up to $55 plus parts at cost.
Don't bring them to the Meet n Eat.
ATF says I have to accept firearms for repair at the shop.:lol:

Holey 1

Quite a turnout!

Well that was fun. A lot more people there than I'd expected.
Now if I don't go broke on those free labor certificates (business cards with $55 off written on them).
I just added it up and we gave away over $1500 worth of free labor tonight. :banghead:
Our way of giving something back to the people (Travis etc) who made this happen.
But we enjoyed it. We didn't get to talk to everyone. Just plain ran out of time.
I hope everyone had as good a time as we did. :monkey

GW

Damien

Had a good time last night chatting with others.. Lots of people were in attendance.. I think Travis said we had 22 to start and another 8 showed up a little later.. so 30 in total..

Wish you had been there, Cloudcroft.. You missed a good one..

Holey 1.. I'll definitely be giving you a call in about 3 weeks to take you up on helping you test those suppressed toys.. I'll bring my toy as well.

-Damien

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Damien,

Thanks for the "after-action" report.

Looks like the Annual event is growing as attendance for this 3rd Annual was about double of last year's. And as you recall, the 1st Annual was just 3 of us!

I guess Rouge Aussie being MIA Sunday could mean he was gone walkabout...

Last edited:

Holey 1

Full auto or cannon?

Holey 1.. I'll definitely be giving you a call in about 3 weeks to take you up on helping you test those suppressed toys.. I'll bring my toy as well.

-Damien

Damien, sounds good. I'll try to have at least one full auto, some suppressors and if we time it right, a cannon.
I can't promise anything until the last minute, but we can probably find something fun to shoot.
Here is the link I was telling you about

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html

This is but one of the philosophical differences I have with facebook and one of many reasons I don't use facebook.

When the gun grabbers paranoia causes them to censor a quote about guns by Gandhi, cancel a facebook account with 250000 viewers because of that quote being posted and start canceling other facebook accounts associated with pro gun groups, I have a hard time supporting them. Just my opinion, but I don't think facebook is on our side.

GW