Thread: NVFAC annual meeting.

NVFAC annual meeting.

I just received the notice of the annual meeting to be held in February. I noted the meeting is to take place at the Clark County Shooting Park. I have notified Don Turner, don@nvfac.org, that my wife and I will not be in attendance as long as it is being held there.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

I agree with you on instinct, but it may be a great opportunity to educate people on gun registration, Clark County and that whole mess. we could wear shirts that say supporting the CCshooting complex is a YES vote for gun registration. and hand out little flyers with the same message.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I agree with you on instinct, but it may be a great opportunity to educate people on gun registration, Clark County and that whole mess. we could wear shirts that say supporting the CCshooting complex is a YES vote for gun registration. and hand out little flyers with the same message.
    I agree. My first instinct was to not go, BUT since I am not shooting at the park I thought we could enlighten them. Although the use of my funds to rent the park goes against my boycott. On those grounds I will be sending a note voicing my displeasure.

It did occur to me that it might be a good chance to pass out flyers. Would not attend however, just stand outside.

You think they would learn by what happened last year when they moved the NRA sponsored roll out for NVFAC. There are other venues. Henderson Convention Center comes to mind.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    It did occur to me that it might be a good chance to pass out flyers. Would not attend however, just stand outside.

You think they would learn by what happened last year when they moved the NRA sponsored roll out for NVFAC. There are other venues. Henderson Convention Center comes to mind.

TBG
    Ok let's do that if you want. Sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post

TBG
    Does the Convention Center include a trap range?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

My #1 complaint with the park is, somehow it is the only park in the county that can have guns. When Don was asked about this he said that he had a agreement from the county for this park. Really? So they can just suspend the rules? Was there a vote? Is it in a county code?

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    No but two ranges close to it do. The boon doggle of a county park is not the only place to shoot trap down here.

Is trap shooting on the agenda items?

Is trap shooting on the agenda items?

The annual meeting will begin at 1 p.m. in the “multipurpose room” at the shotgun center. There will be a member’s shotgun shoot the morning of the 23rd. Right now we have a trap and skeet field reserved, but the complex may have their new sporting clays course open then and we can shoot that. All members are invited to participate in the event and the meeting.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Alrighty then, Sounds like were getting something accomplished.