• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFAC annual meeting.

The Big Guy

I just received the notice of the annual meeting to be held in February. I noted the meeting is to take place at the Clark County Shooting Park. I have notified Don Turner, don@nvfac.org, that my wife and I will not be in attendance as long as it is being held there.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I agree with you on instinct, but it may be a great opportunity to educate people on gun registration, Clark County and that whole mess. we could wear shirts that say supporting the CCshooting complex is a YES vote for gun registration. and hand out little flyers with the same message.

Vegassteve

I agree with you on instinct, but it may be a great opportunity to educate people on gun registration, Clark County and that whole mess. we could wear shirts that say supporting the CCshooting complex is a YES vote for gun registration. and hand out little flyers with the same message.

I agree. My first instinct was to not go, BUT since I am not shooting at the park I thought we could enlighten them. Although the use of my funds to rent the park goes against my boycott. On those grounds I will be sending a note voicing my displeasure.

The Big Guy

It did occur to me that it might be a good chance to pass out flyers. Would not attend however, just stand outside.

You think they would learn by what happened last year when they moved the NRA sponsored roll out for NVFAC. There are other venues. Henderson Convention Center comes to mind.

TBG

Vegassteve

It did occur to me that it might be a good chance to pass out flyers. Would not attend however, just stand outside.

You think they would learn by what happened last year when they moved the NRA sponsored roll out for NVFAC. There are other venues. Henderson Convention Center comes to mind.

TBG

Ok let's do that if you want. Sounds like a plan.

wrightme

TBG

Does the Convention Center include a trap range?

Vegassteve

My #1 complaint with the park is, somehow it is the only park in the county that can have guns. When Don was asked about this he said that he had a agreement from the county for this park. Really? So they can just suspend the rules? Was there a vote? Is it in a county code?

wrightme

Is trap shooting on the agenda items?

The annual meeting will begin at 1 p.m. in the “multipurpose room” at the shotgun center. There will be a member’s shotgun shoot the morning of the 23rd. Right now we have a trap and skeet field reserved, but the complex may have their new sporting clays course open then and we can shoot that. All members are invited to participate in the event and the meeting.