Thread: MY final analysis of Board (BFPE) commisioner's right to ask questions -NO !

Banned

MY final analysis of Board (BFPE) commisioner's right to ask questions -NO !

The board issued out a letter saying they can ask ? during the hearing....nowhere in the law does it say that they have the right to examine witnesses (vs CGS 1-206 for the FIC which says "examine witnesses).

I think they are "getting" this authority under their "policy and procedures" NOT their regulations (see CGS Sec 4-168 if you are interested in seeing how regulations are made). So, they have vested the authority to ask questions unto themselves.

Naughty naughty board...all authority must come from the legislature ... 29-32b(c) details how they can obtain additional information and its while the case is pending ..... when you at the hearing, this time period is over.

Policy and procedures cannot add to the authority the legislature provides under the law .. and this does not state that they have the right to examine witnesses.

Banned
    They did not like my objection to them asking questions !! One of the commissioners ended up yelling during my hearing.

Guess they don't like to hear the truth! Sucks to be them.

I'll start over again ... no problemo !

Re: MY final analysis of Board (BFPE) commisioner's right to ask questions -NO !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They did not like my objection to them asking questions !! One of the commissioners ended up yelling during my hearing.

Guess they don't like to hear the truth! Sucks to be them.

I'll start over again ... no problemo !
    I wish i was in CT to attend your hearings, it's like a movie.